Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jim Kelly has announced he has cancer in his upper jaw and is scheduled for surgery this Friday in Buffalo. He is a classy guy and let's hope he can overcome this.
BATAVIA, N.Y. (AP) -- Jim Kelly intends to confront the cancer found in his upper jaw bone much like the Hall of Fame quarterback has approached many of the numerous challenges he's faced in life: Head on.
Revealing on Monday that he's been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, Kelly drew upon his family, faith and perseverance. Those are three qualities that have helped him overcome the death of his son, Hunter, his mother and whatever obstacles stood in his way on the football field.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-bil ... --nfl.html
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Guys, I am going to assume this is not as bad as it sounds. But let's take the high road whenever possible. Jim Kelly deserves our prayers based on the battle ahead of him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Guys, I am going to assume this is not as bad as it sounds. But let's take the high road whenever possible. Jim Kelly deserves our prayers based on the battle ahead of him.
He probably needs a few laughs too. Even if it will hurt. I know I did.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
ESPN.com wrote:More cancer surgery for Jim Kelly

Updated: March 25, 2014, 11:42 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is expected to undergo surgery Thursday following the return of oral cancer. His wife, Jill, says the cancer is aggressive and starting to spread.

Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is expected to undergo surgery Thursday following the return of oral cancer.
The 54-year-old former Buffalo Bills star is being treated in New York City. His wife posted Tuesday on her Instagram account that Kelly's surgery is "tentatively scheduled for Thursday."

Kelly's Buffalo doctors said March 14 the return of the cancer was discovered when he came for follow-up tests after surgery to remove cancerous cells last year.
Click Here for Full Story
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
He qualifies for disability if its recurrence and/or if there is METS beyond the regional lymph nodes
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:He qualifies for disability if its recurrence and/or if there is METS beyond the regional lymph nodes
Sounds like you do that for a living.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:He qualifies for disability if its recurrence and/or if there is METS beyond the regional lymph nodes
I do. Your tax dollars pay me to give away your tax dollars.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I do. Your tax dollars pay me to give away your tax dollars.
It sounds like you have used that line before. Ha
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yep. To justify going on vacation, holidays and snow days.

And in all seriousness...prayers that Jim may have as much physical comfort as possible and that the love of God and hope that comes with salvation will comfort the family.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Answered prayers!
Sports Illustrated wrote:Physical exam of Jim Kelly shows no evidence of cancer

BY SI WIRE
Posted: Wed Aug. 20, 2014

A physical examination of Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly revealed no evidence of cancer, according to a press release Wednesday from the New York Head & Neck Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.

Kelly underwent the examination three months after completing seven weeks of radiation and three rounds of chemotherapy for sinus cancer.

A series of tests over the coming weeks will determine if Kelly requires any more treatment.

"Jim Kelly was evaluated yesterday at the New York Head & Neck Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, three months after having completed the radiation and chemotherapy protocol designed to treat his recurrent sinus cancer. Dr. Peter Constantino, Executive Director of the Institute, stated that, 'The treatments so far have completely eliminated Mr. Kelly's pain, and his level of function has essentially returned to normal. Further, on physical examination, there is no evidence of the cancer.'"
Click Here for Full Story
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Convo schedule is out for the fall semester and Jim Kelly and his family will be the speakers on October 24th.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]