Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys. I've got a quick favor to ask. Our church is opening a new venue this fall so we're looking at rebranding our current venues. We're basically going to kill off the names of them as they change rooms, etc. We're looking to come up with some ideas for new names for the venues. I've been tasked with ideas for names and I'd love your help in coming up with some of those ideas. Below are the descriptions of each venue:

Venue 1: Edgier, louder, more guitar driven, more modern, possibly more of an indie rock feel at times. This will be the most "modern" venue of any that we have. Think Brentwood in Lynchburg, Elevation, etc. Worship style would be Elevation, Hillsong United, Citizens, Worship Central, etc.

Venue 2: This will be contemporary/modern worship but it will be acoustic led, quieter, etc. This is for people who don't like the lights, don't like the loud, just want an acoustic guitar, a djembe, and some Jesus.

I'll gladly take any ideas that you have.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I think the word I'm getting hung up on is "venue". What do you mean by venue? Is that a church service, a youth service, etc?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We are a multi-venue church. That means we have services going on in three different rooms at the same time. The teaching is the same and on video like a multi-site church, but worship styles and the feel of the room are catered towards different styles.
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
ah, fancy.

where's the church located, whats the church motto/ mission statement/ identity? I feel like its identity as a whole would play a large part in what you would name each room / venue.

id probably just go with geographical names or nearby landmarks/ mountains or something .

but seriously... my suggestions:
Venue one: the stage, the rendezvous, the summit, forte, or highpoint(e), sharp top.
venue two: the fireplace, flat top.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Church name/vision and that stuff doesn't matter as much when it comes to venues. It's all about the feel of the room. But since you asked, it's Two Rivers Church in Lenoir City (Knoxville), TN.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The commonly used names that we have also used from time to time include The Encounter and The Remnant.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
One venue could be called "We don't like those other guys, they're too old", and the other could be called "We don't like those kids, they're too loud & obnoxious". The third venue should be simply "?".
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That's pretty much what they are. We currently have a venue called The Blend that people call "Old People Church." Another venue is called The Merge and has been nicknamed "Donut Church" because we have free donuts.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
interesting concept. I have seen multi-site churches but not multi-venue churches on the same property. Interesting idea and a way to reach out to different kinds of people.

I realize I added nothing and didn't help you at all, but I just thought it was an interesting concept.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:interesting concept. I have seen multi-site churches but not multi-venue churches on the same property. Interesting idea and a way to reach out to different kinds of people.

I realize I added nothing and didn't help you at all, but I just thought it was an interesting concept.
We love it. It's our DNA. We'll be going multi-site in a year or two, but for now, we're able to get 1800 people through on the weekend without a service bigger than 500 people. Church staff like huge rooms, church goers like small rooms.

Having different venues allow you to reach those people who say, "I love your church but..." Worship styles are the biggest reason next to family ministries that people choose a church. If you give them options, you open the door to the amount of people you can reach.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That was actually an idea but the student ministry at the megachurch two miles down the road is called The Edge.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Where does the Two Rivers name come from? If it's actually two legitimate rivers, with decent names, try using those as a way to play into the local nature of the church.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Very cool...and its fitting that it just happens to be outside a city where two rivers join into the Tennessee River (although I dont know if Holston and French Broad would make ideal venue names)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:That was actually an idea but the student ministry at the megachurch two miles down the road is called The Edge.
What about Bono?

Think about it......
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
i feel like most suggestions you'lll get will be cheesey youth group names, or make fun of old people traditionalists
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sodom & Gomorrah? :)

The Sword and The Spear

Ford and Chevy

Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch

KJV & NIV

The Brook

The Harvest

...Im out for now...will keep thinking.....
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]