Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Since I know we have quite a few folks in the ministry on the board, I thought I'd pass along that we have an opening at my church right now. The primary responsibility would be overseeing that college & young professionals group as well as our young adult life groups (primarily under 40 classes).

The guy who is leaving is headed to New Orleans to lead our efforts to plant a church near the French Quarter. He also worked quite a bit in our expansive missions efforts. But I am not sure if that would be part of the gig for whoever comes in at least out of the gates.

We are a very Liberty-friendly church with about half the staff taking classes through LU Online. We run between 5-6k on Sunday mornings but roughly 85% of those attending also go to a Life Group. We've been used as a case study for a number of seminaries for our exceptionally high discipleship numbers for a megachurch. Our church also is being used as a case study for a number of Evangelical churches based on how we approached reaching the Spanish-speaking population around us. We have the largest Spanish-speaking membership in the SBC and recently added a Portuguese worship service as well as a Bible Study in Farsi. Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in America along with having one of the lowest costs of living.

I am no longer on staff but I am a deacon with the ear of the leadership team. If any of you are interested, let me know and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Then you know him well, LUGrad2000. He also is very LU-friendly. His son who plays QB for the new FCS start-up at Houston Baptist camped at LU and the Flemings had Liberty atop their wish list before we picked Josh with our QB offer. His youngest daughter takes LU Academy Online for her HS classes. And about half our pastoral staff are taking LU Online classes or already have LU degrees. And then he has this former colleague & deacon who is constantly pimping the Liberty experience.

Incidentally, the position is no longer open after the guy who was leaving for the plant in NOLA is sticking around to help us plant a new campus locally by where ExxonMobil is building their new global headquarters. But I'll pass along any openings that pop up. And if anyone is looking for an internship at Liberty-friendly church with resources and yours truly in the house just let me know and I'll get you directed to the right folks.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]