Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I have some final rounds of interviews for a ministry position in MI late this week. We were going to leave Wednesday night or Thursday morning, but with the big storm that is supposed to come this way, we are unsure about what our travel plans should be. There is a possibility that we will leave tomorrow morning and hope to make it to Columbus or Findlay OH before things turn nasty.

Please pray for wisdom about our travel plans. We don't want to leave so early (our kids are in school), but I don't want to be rushed at the end of the week.

Pray for my interviews as well. I will be speaking on Sunday, and it has been a while.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Will do. My parents just drove back to Indiana today. They said there was a bunch of snow on the ground starting East of Beckley but roads were fine
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Praying as well. I was in Findlay of all places this past week driving down from Detroit. It is always better to error on the side of caution.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Not sure how I feel about this... Who is going to come to all my Grand Openings;)

JK - Will pray for safe travels and that the Lord will open doors for you that will bless you and your family.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
A quick update:

The interview weekend went well. I <think> I will be offered the position in a week or two. My wife and I enjoyed the church, staff, community, etc. but there are still some unanswered questions on my side. Without boring you with details, there have been some "challenges" in the church recently, and because of this the direction of the church isn't quite settled. If I go, I want it to be a "good fit" where we will be for a long time.

On another front, I applied at Liberty for a similar position to one I applied to a while back. We had decided at the time that if I got the job, we would buy a house and settle down here…

Pray for clarity. I know that it would be good for my wife and boys to be closer to family. I also know that we all love Lynchburg, our church, and the University. I am praying for resolution with the church (one way or the other) before I hear anything back from LU, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity if it didn't work out in MI. My student loans just came out of deferment and I don't want to have to file the paperwork back again. :(
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]