Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Ohhhh. I thought this was going to be a Spin Off on Dirty Harry.
'Dirty God - Jesus Gets Even'! Oh well. Of course the dysentery part may be a stretch because if Jesus was perfect could be really get sick?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Ohhhh. I thought this was going to be a Spin Off on Dirty Harry.
'Dirty God - Jesus Gets Even'! Oh well. Of course the dysentery part may be a stretch because if Jesus was perfect could be really get sick?
:lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If you subscribe to the idea (jokes aside) that Jesus when he was on earth was fully God AND fully man, Im sure that he was subject to illnesses and fatigue and all the same things that the people went through in that time period
BJWilliams wrote:If you subscribe to the idea (jokes aside) that Jesus when he was on earth was fully God AND fully man, Im sure that he was subject to illnesses and fatigue and all the same things that the people went through in that time period
Fatigue, hunger, thirst yes, they are even mentioned in the Bible. But the Bible also speaks about Him healing the sick, not being sick. It talks about him being a carpentar's son, which means He worked hard, got his hands dirty etc.
Sometimes I think JM and logic are the same person! :)
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The sensationalist title of the book doesn't surprise me. I will say this, at least he's writing. I wish more LU people would get published, and not just books that they can force their students to buy for class.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
When I started reading the article and read about Jesus possible having dysentery, my first thought was, "No way, he wasn't playing Oregon Trail back then."

I don't think dry cleaning was an important part of their day back then either so I think the nice white robes all the time is only post-ressurrection Jesus.

May be an interesting read.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]