Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Our 55-year-old church organist has been been battling cancer for seven years, and yesterday she sent the congregration an email, of which one paragraph appears below:
Yesterday we met with my oncologist. It appears my battle is nearing the end. Recently my cancer has grown more rapidly than the current treatment can contain. Though only God knows the number of my days, the doctor's estimate is one month...[My husband] and I have much to decide including the hospice care we will choose...God blessed and upheld me through the Christmas season as I know many of you prayed he would. Now I ask that you pray for..[my husband and son], that God would give them the strength and peace they will need.
This will be so hard on my church, not to mention this individual family, whose husband is our minister of music. Please pray for peace and strength for this dear church family here in downtown Lynchburg.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
What a blessing for her to be able to approach the throne of grace prepared for eternity. It sounds like she has been an incredible testimony through these painful times.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

With this addition CUSA is starting to make more s[…]

CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

We stay alive beating UTEP 13-10. McManus had 2 do[…]

2024 Season Thread

I wish. DBU is a bit of a haul even from my locati[…]

Field Hockey

Oh I agree, I was just out of the loop.