Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Hey folks, if you could pray a little prayer for my wife tonight, I would greatly appreciate it. Her water broke around 10:45 last night, and we're now sitting at the hospital, waiting for our first child to arrive. Things are going very slow at this point (which is why I have time for something like this), but all is well. All the same, prayer is appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by El Scorcho on September 17th, 2006, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hang in there, man. It could take awhile and its not going to be pleasant for anyone untilt he baby arrives. We'll be praying for you.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
My prayers are with you, your Mrs, and the new 01000010011000010110001001111001
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
best wishes! exciting time for you guys- give our best to MrsScorcho and ScorchoJr
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho is el loco. He's still blogging while his wife is in heavy labor:
http://www.guardyourpants.com/family/
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
prayers are with you and the family. congratulations on the newborn.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, everyone. I'm the proud dad of a healthy baby boy. Everything went very well and now it's time to rest. The prayer was greatly appreciated. Thank you!
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Best wishes for you and your family. Lord Bless!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations! Soak up all the magic you can this afternoon and then try to get some rest whenever possible this evening. You both can't go without sleep so work in shifts the first 24 hours.

How about some numbers on this boy.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
THATS GREAT!

yeah- we need the demographics here: name, numbers, potential position(s) for offense/defense in 2024, etc
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Congrats. Just don't tell your wife you were blogging while she was in labor.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Congrats!! My wife had our son on the 13th (11:45 PM) -- almost a day and a half after her water broke. Took her to the hospital and waited .... and waited ....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats to you as well, Phoenix. Perhaps there is something in the water that affects the Old Hags of this board. We're expecting our third in February.
Last edited by Sly Fox on September 18th, 2006, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
well- congrats to PHOENIX and MrsSLY as well!

at this rate we may just be able to field a team in 18 yrs!
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Richard Connor (he's going by Connor) weighed in at 7lbs., 12oz. He's 20.5 inches long and has a head full of black hair.

As for blogging during labor, that was something we both wanted. The vast majority of our friends don't live in Lynchburg and they only way they've been able to keep up with all of this was through the baby blog. The wifey wanted to make sure that it was as up to date as possible so that those who would normally have been here waiting could feel like they were a part of it all. Hopefully I got that right for her.

Congrats to everyone else, as well. I can't imagine that this would ever get old.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
congrats scorcho!! a baby canes jersey is on the way :D
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
El Scorcho wrote:Richard Connor (he's going by Connor) weighed in at 7lbs., 12oz. He's 20.5 inches long
DING!!
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Better to be blogging-and praying- than turning up the TV sound that's right next to Mommy's ears.... Congrats!
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:well- congrats to PHOENIX and MrsSLY as well!

at this rate we may just be able to field a team in 18 yrs!
Mine's going to be a halfback. Or a goalie on the hockey team -- we can't decide which.
LSU

What are you guys worried about? The team will win[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]