Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Got here last night, after being awake for 38 straight hours (bad scheduling/I can't sleep on planes), only to discover the landlord/house was pretty creepy. Immediately bailed on that and I'm staying with a former student of mine whose roommate has been wanting to move out. Bumps rent up about $75/mo but that still brings it in at about $600 with utilities included.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
I'm reading a lot. It took me a week to figure out that the Ph.D. is going to be time consuming but easy. UH has already agreed to credit me with 2 classes that I won't have to take. It's looking likely that I can finish this in 3 years.

Easy living situation, the bus here is just ridiculously easy to use to get anywhere you need or want to be, and I'm currently around 191 lbs which puts me under 200 for the first time since 1992. My laptop died a week before classes started so I grabbed a Windows 8, touchscreen, i5 for $550 on sale. Then my tablet stopped recognizing new WiFi connections so that will be replaced soon.

I'm probably running a 5k on 11/10, just started training for it this morning. Definitely running another on 12/1. Then I'll be running a 3 race series early next year with a 5k on 1/6, an 8k on 1/20, and a 10k on 2/3.

A grad assistant position just came open that will be filled by the end of the month. I probably have the inside track on it. It will require dropping my 3rd class, but it pays for the other two on top of giving full benefits and at least $1700/mo pay for 20 hours of work per week. Should have an answer no later than 9/30 on it. If not, I just need to find something before the end of November as January rent will be tight otherwise.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Be praying for me tomorrow morning around 10 AM if you get a chance...I have an interview in a brand new field for me but its a sports job and its local so I am very excited for the potential opportunity
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
WEll I did not get the job I interviewed for last week. Id be lying if I said I wasnt disappointed, because even though I dont have experience in the area I interviewed for, it would have been a nice challenge and a new experience which I enjoy.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Got the grad assistant position. Enough pay to cover my bills, up to 9 credits free per semester, and an excellent benefits package with full medical/dental/vision.

Completely exhausted about half the time due to how much work I'm doing. I've got a conference presentation, dissertation level literature review, mobile learning modules, and a usability study due in the near future.

Running my first 5k on the 10th. Aiming for under 40 minutes on the first one. Then running another on 12/2 with a 5k/8k/10k on 1/5, 1/19, and 2/2 respectively. I'm at 188 lbs right now, just 3 from my secondary goal and 13 from my primary goal. I was 235 in February and over 260 a year before that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have accepted a position as a substitute teacher for City of Norfolk Public Schools. Its not much but at this point Im glad to have a job at all (especially considering that I am subbing for every single school in the system). Do be praying that I can find a full-time job though
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]