Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just dropping a quick prayer request for me for the next couple of days. I am back in papua New Guinea for the third straight year. But the next couple of days I am flying up into the bush in the Southern & Western Highlands of PNG. It is malaria-infested and full of tribal warfare. I'm not usually concerned about travel safety but this has me on alert.

Thanks for your prayers.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Was out there in 03, definitely an amazing but disease infested place. Will be praying for you for sure.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The prayers are appreciated. Trust me.

Last night while walking around the camp here in Moro looking for a decent wifi signal, I stumbled across a snake. Since it looked like the harmless black snakes back home, I got up close for a picture. When showing a pic of it to one of the locals, they informed me that it was a taipan ... the most deadly snake in the nation. The Lord preserveth the simple. And clearly I fit that category. I have another day & half up Herr before returning to civilization in Port Moresby. Your prayers are definitely still appreciated.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The prayers are appreciated. Trust me.

Last night while walking around the camp here in Moro looking for a decent wifi signal, I stumbled across a snake. Since it looked like the harmless black snakes back home, I got up close for a picture. When showing a pic of it to one of the locals, they informed me that it was a taipan ... the most deadly snake in the nation. The Lord preserveth the simple. And clearly I fit that category. I have another day & half up Herr before returning to civilization in Port Moresby. Your prayers are definitely still appreciated.
:needspics

also praying
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I would have been running the opposite direction of that thing. Glad you had a safe and productive trip.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm still in Papua New Guinea for another full week but instead of the Highlands I am down in what is described by the U.N. a couple of years back as the most dangerous capital city in the world. So the prayers remain appreciated.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/MBakerTBTimes/status/1798077[…]

5 plus 7 model

Boise St gets the ND 2025 game.

Family Travel Obsession

Live a little. Driving in Germany & Italy is t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]