Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Prayer request for 3 issues:

1. one of my partners' mother suffered a major stroke last week, was unresponsive for 3 days, and died Friday night. She was 59 YOA. Understandably, he is devastated- no warning whatsoever. Prayers for him, his wife and their family. They are also expecting - she is due in less than 2 months.

2. another co-worker's mother is in poor health, was recently admitted for a major infection, ended up trach'd and on a vent. She has been discharged to home but not in good shape. Prayers for him, his wife and their young daughter.

3. MY 89 YO maternal grandmother suffered a massive stroke yesterday morning. I was working at the time and able to respond quickly - in time to meet with paramedics on scene and ensure she was transported to the appropriate facility, but she remains unresponsive and to be honest- terminal. We don't expect to have more than several days with her, at MOST. Prayers needed for my family, esp my mother (who lost her father several years ago as well) and my wife and kids- who have been negatively affected as I've spent the majority of the last 2 days running from work to the hospital and back.

One BIG positive: my grandmother is a devout believer (and a huge fan of Jerry Falwell as well!) and very outspoken in her faith. She has been saying for years now how much she is looking forward to going to be with Jesus as well as my grandfather. It does make it a bit easier on my family but we hate to see her in this condition and want her to have peace.

thanks in advance to all of you.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Just one of those things would be hard. Praying for you.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you grandmother, you and family. Glad she is saved. God Bless.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks to all. Just got back in from the hospital and my grandmother appears "comfortable".

we're thankful for that. Everyone in the family that could get here has done so.

I think she's very close tho...

Services for my partner's mom are tomorrow so it will be a long day for him.

thanks again.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you and your loved ones my friend.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Many thanks to all who have remembered us.

At @ 0900 this morning my grandmother went to be with the Lord, as well as her beloved husband.

Our family was fortunate to be able to gather and spend her last week with her, as well as remember happier times together.

We are obviously in pain at the loss but so very happy for her- she had been looking forward to this day for several years now.

She was a wonderful woman and will be dearly missed.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It is always difficult for those of us left behind when someone passes into the presence of the Lord. Will be praying for God's arms to be wrapped around your family PA
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Final note of thanks. We buried my grandmother this morning.

Had a great service for her, complete with her favorite hymns, saw many family and friends- some that I haven't seen for 30 years or more.

A great time of remembering and honoring a wonderful woman who touched many, many lives: though at times the loss was very painful. It does help to remember she is perfect and without pain now... to be honest our sorrow is really for ourselves.

She is dearly missed.
Family Travel Obsession

Live a little. Driving in Germany & Italy is t[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

USF to the SEC ???!!!🤣

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]