Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
Oh, and for any other youth pastors on here or anyone else who cares about this stuff, the book UnChristian is a great book about youth of today, im sure alot of people know about it or have read it already, but if you havent and want to, or you know people who should read it, it usually sells for like 20 bucks at stores, but if you go to the main website for it, http://www.unchristian.com/, you can buy 3 copies for $30
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the suggestion and rekindling the discussion in this thread.

I am actually in progress of stepping up from a communications consulting role at my church to a fulltime position:

http://championforest.org

Barring a last minute development I will be starting in a week or so.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Thanks for the suggestion and rekindling the discussion in this thread.

I am actually in progress of stepping up from a communications consulting role at my church to a fulltime position:

http://championforest.org

Barring a last minute development I will be starting in a week or so.
just read this. Congrats on the new position SLY
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
congrats, but does that mean no more run ins with the rich and famous
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
Anyone in church jobs looking for a youth pastor?
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
God is good.

I have accepted a youth pastor position in Enfield, NC and the pastor today called my wife and I and we were voted in unanimously. We will be moving from Roanoke Rapids to Enfield in the next two weeks (About 30 miles south, near Rocky Mount, NC). This is my first paid youth position. I have been involved with the youth group at my home church since my senior year. Throughout my time at Liberty I often came home to help with events, and after graduation I started teaching high school sunday school. After I got married, my wife took over the class and I started a Wednesday night youth bible study. I will be ordained March 7 and we'll start at Dawson Baptist that same week. Please pray for us, this is our first time in full-time ministry!
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:God is good.

I have accepted a youth pastor position in Enfield, NC and the pastor today called my wife and I and we were voted in unanimously. We will be moving from Roanoke Rapids to Enfield in the next two weeks (About 30 miles south, near Rocky Mount, NC). This is my first paid youth position. I have been involved with the youth group at my home church since my senior year. Throughout my time at Liberty I often came home to help with events, and after graduation I started teaching high school sunday school. After I got married, my wife took over the class and I started a Wednesday night youth bible study. I will be ordained March 7 and we'll start at Dawson Baptist that same week. Please pray for us, this is our first time in full-time ministry!
If I remember correctly, the pastor at Dawson Baptist is the father of one of our LU Campus Band members.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts

Praying for you, keep your eye on Christ the whole time. God bless.
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:

If I remember correctly, the pastor at Dawson Baptist is the father of one of our LU Campus Band members.
Yes, his son is Tyler and he plays on the campus band. I haven't met him, and he wasn't in the band when I left Liberty, but my wife graduated a year later and remembers him.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
whmatthews wrote:
TDDance234 wrote:

Yes, his son is Tyler and he plays on the campus band. I haven't met him, and he wasn't in the band when I left Liberty, but my wife graduated a year later and remembers him.
He lived across the hall from me my last year on-campus. Great guy!
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
Beginning August 1st, I will be the Pastor of Youth at Trinity Evangelical Church in North Reading, MA.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Congrats Rue...hope you got a snowshovel and chains for the tires (or 4WD/AWD) for the winters though
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations!

So let me get this straight ... your family wouldn't consider Texas but Massachusetts was OK?

:lol:
By NG33
Registration Days Posts
rueful wrote:Beginning August 1st, I will be the Pastor of Youth at Trinity Evangelical Church in North Reading, MA.
That's awesome. Congratulations! That's actually not that far from where I live. North Reading is a pretty nice town and I'm sure you'll enjoy it there. Plus it's about 20 mins from Boston so that's not bad either.
By rueful
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Congratulations!

So let me get this straight ... your family wouldn't consider Texas but Massachusetts was OK?

:lol:
Mass works when your wife is from Rhode Island haha
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was chatting with some friends of ours that teach in the 7th grade department that we lead at our church. The couple is retired military and have served around the world. I have no clue how the subject came up, but our friends Rick & Anndra Barrett know you SeoulFlame and your family from their time stationed in Seoul. Talk about a small world.

PS - I was supposed to be in Singapore & Jakarta next month with a possible stop in KL. But I was bumped off because the travel costs were so much cheaper this spring to bring up one of my colleagues from Melbourne. UGh. I thought I was going to check out your new assignment. Perhaps later in 2014.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
About 4 months ago I moved to a small community outside of Charlotte to become a campus pastor for a multisite church. Pray that we'd continue to get adjusted to our new surroundings.
By CCWMichael
Michael Sobiesiak
We relocated to Jonestown PA 15 years ago.
We attend Zions Lutheran Church
I am a member of the mutual ministry team. Four individuals and our pastor who help steer the church and present proposals to the council.
We chose this church for our daughter.
My daughter was born with Down. Not all ministries would be a fit for her and I placed her needs first. We helped start a program at this church which was all inclusive for all individuals with special needs of any age. So, the person with boisterous and motion-full autism would be accepted and ministered to rather than possibly looked at as the interruption at service. Started with four families now over 20 and varying visitors each week. The program was initially called Joyful Spirits but then we incorporated into the church program of Rejoicing Spirits for financial purposes. Every Wednesday we worship. A meal for around 60 people per week is prepared by volunteer families. Afterwards we have worship which involves the Lord's prayer , singing (A LOT). and interactive stage plays following Scriptural stories. Afterwards is Kings Kids which is time for crafts related to the teachings of the day.

That is our Small town home.

Check out the Joyful Spirits link on this site.
http://www.zionsjonestown.com/

Keep the Faith!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]