Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Hi. Last Monday around 4AM my wife had a grand mal seizure. She has had the peti mal (smaller seizures in the past), but this was the first time I saw a grand mal.

Very scary. She shook for what seemed like 2 minutes and then was unconscious for a while.

She has been to the neurologist, and she seems to be doing better now. But we have to have an EEG done sometime next month. She's been to the neurologist and had EEGs in the past, but they were not able to detect a seizure during those EEGs.

Part of the problem is that she has her seizures so infrequently...she can go weeks without having them...then she'll have a cluster of little ones all togeter during a span of 2 days in the month.

The neurologist seems to think its some kind of catamenial epilepsy...just pray that they are able to "catch" a seizure on her next EEG.

Also pray that I can get back to sleeping...the whole experience really scared me, I had to turn Julie on her side after the seizure b/c she was choking when she was unconscious...and then it takes her a while to "come back", so the whole thing is scary to me, and so I don't sleep well b/c I'm afraid she's going to have another.

Thanks for your prayers!
By Lemonade
Registration Days Posts
I'll definitely be praying for your wife.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Count me in.

(check your PM as well)
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
My prayers with your wife--and for you. Even in God's hand, we can't help but worry about our loved ones.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
My prayers are with you and your wife. Something I would recommend is to get a dog. Some dogs know when a seizure is going to happen and can let your wife know. I am not sure but there maybe some medical organization that may know where you could get a dog that does this. I am not sure if there is a group that trains them to do this. It maybe more instinctive from the dog, but they may know what breed is best for this.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
my prayers are with you and your wife.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
4everfsu,

It was weird, but we have a cat...and looking back, he seemed to know something was wrong.

Sunday evening, the cat normally sits on the couch with Julie...Julie barely touched him, and all of a sudden he just jumped...he never reacts like that...(and then Julie had the big seizure that morning around 4-5AM).

Our cat seemed all nervous all Sunday night...normally he's layed back...but he was running around sort of all tense.

Don't know how much I'll be able to rely on him to predict things, but I'll certainly pay more attention if he acts like that again.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This certainly puts everythign in perspective. You can count on prayers from Texas.
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
In our prayers as well.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
jim, my prayers are with you and your wife. keep us posted.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Jim, yes the cat could be a good barometer for your wife's upcoming seizures. I know dogs, have warned their owners by sitting in front of them, or making their owners sit or stop what they are doing. Again I know there are organizations for training dogs for blind or handicapped folks but not sure if such exist for seizure folks. If I was you I would ask any pet rescue organization like Petsmart if they are aware of such or your doctor or medical organizations.
Again my prayers are with your wife and you. God Bless!
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]