Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. Last weekend she was having morning sickness but throughout the day. It gradually got worse throughout the week where she was barely able to hold anything down. We went to the er wednesday where they hooked her up to an iv and set her home later that evening. She was dehydrated again friday night and we went back to the er and spent the night last night and again tonight. Pretty much she has an extreme form of.morning sickness 24-7. The doctor says it can be any hormones changing and soforth but didnt diagnose it as Hg (hyper something) but didnt rule it out either. This is def the worst ive seeen it. Just definitely keep us in your prayers though
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
will do. Hang in there and take good care of her...
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Pretty much the same story-just 4 years later. She is about 12 weeks pregnant and has HG again. She's been in the hospital the past two nights. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My wife hit 8 weeks today with our second...will be praying for you guys
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Pretty much the same story-just 4 years later. She is about 12 weeks pregnant and has HG again. She's been in the hospital the past two nights. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.
I
Hyper Glycemic? Aka Gestational Diabetes? No fun and prayers your way.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Praying for your wife, baby and you
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Pretty much the same story-just 4 years later. She is about 12 weeks pregnant and has HG again. She's been in the hospital the past two nights. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.
I
Hyper Glycemic? Aka Gestational Diabetes? No fun and prayers your way.

Hyperemisis Gravidarum. It's pretty much 24 hour morning sickness that can last the whole pregnancy. It lasted till about the 7 month the last pregnancy and she lost about 30 pounds by the time that she gave birth to our daughter. I appreciate the prayers guys and will be praying for your wife and family BJ.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks captain jack...one of my wife's bridesmaids was pregnant at our wedding and she was diagnosed with HG...
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Update: my wife made it to 33 weeks (she ended up having to get a picc line early on which really helped) and her water broke this past Monday night. Drove her to the normal hospital, only to be told that they can only deliver 35 weeks and up since they don't have a NICU. They originally said that they were going to transport her, but realized that the baby's heart beat was very low due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck and wouldn't have time to transport. Had to have an emergency C-Section, and everything worked out. A lot of things happened that some would say were coincidental, but we knew it was more than that. My son was born weighing 4lbs 13oz and 18.5 inches long. He was breathing on his own eventually that night, but since his lungs were not fully developed, they took him to a hospital about an hour north in the Tampa area that has a NICU, but everything else is good. He will probably have to stay up there for a couple of weeks. My wife is doing good as well and is expected to be discharged tomorrow. She is finally eating some solid food and had the picc line removed today which is a praise as well. Asking for continued prayers for both.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the update and will continue to pray!
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Update: my wife made it to 33 weeks (she ended up having to get a picc line early on which really helped) and her water broke this past Monday night. Drove her to the normal hospital, only to be told that they can only deliver 35 weeks and up since they don't have a NICU. They originally said that they were going to transport her, but realized that the baby's heart beat was very low due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck and wouldn't have time to transport. Had to have an emergency C-Section, and everything worked out. A lot of things happened that some would say were coincidental, but we knew it was more than that. My son was born weighing 4lbs 13oz and 18.5 inches long. He was breathing on his own eventually that night, but since his lungs were not fully developed, they took him to a hospital about an hour north in the Tampa area that has a NICU, but everything else is good. He will probably have to stay up there for a couple of weeks. My wife is doing good as well and is expected to be discharged tomorrow. She is finally eating some solid food and had the picc line removed today which is a praise as well. Asking for continued prayers for both.
Which NICU? My wife works at St. Josephs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]