Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Anybody else doing the Willow deal this year? Hybels was good today but James Meeks & Andy Stanley were outstanding. I admit I didn't know much about Meeks prior to this morning. But he and his church on the Southside of Chicago are fascinating.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
I am not a big Willow Creek fan. Since the last church we attended decided our vision changed due to their teachings and let our pastor go. Plus, we have many churches here that are copy cats of that church and are just getting it wrong. Woodland Hills is one of them and the Pastor Greg Boyd is so wrong and all of my in-laws go there.
Although I see the concept of much of what it is as good.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I've been hanging with the music pastor from Woodland Hills the past couple of days. He's a real good guy.

I've found the summit completely intruguing. It has a great deal of crossover from my corporate training and experience.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
Are you talking about a big African American guy? He is great and very talented. I am glad you enjoyed it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Meeks is African-American preacher in Chicago.

Upon further review, the guy I was with at thr Summit was from a big church in Eden Park and not Woodland Hills.

For the record, Andy Stanley & Wayne Cordeiro were both outstanding. A Harvard business prof & Jim Collins (of Good to Grow fame) were both extremely brilliant as well.

And Hybels' one-on-one interview with Bono about the church in America's place in helping with the AIDS/hunger crisis in Africa was very convicting. I've never been a fan of Bono outside of his music until this interview. You can tell he has grown up in recent years and he is no longer antagonictsic against the Christian church. He quoted more Scripture in his interview than I hear in most Sunday morning sermons. They are going to make the interview available to local churches to use in order to make more Christians aware of what is going on in Africa.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]