Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Ok, its nothing TOO serious, but in May I came into contact with poison oak via my dog, and it has since ballooned into chronic hives causing itching all over my body. Just pray that the itching stops and that the source of whatever is causing my immune system to go off the hook is found. Thanks guys.
By Lemonade
Registration Days Posts
I'm praying for ya.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I assume you've actually consulted a physician- did they try IM or IV Benadryl? That normally works, though if you start developing respiratory problems we go to IV Epinephrine.

keep an eye on this- it can be bad
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I have actually consulted 2 physicians...one at the beginning of July...he put me on steroids and then refilled that prescription 4 times (Prednisone). I was told that it was likely a combination of the poison oak oils reacting with the soap I was using at the time (Old Spice 8 Hr. Scent-Aqua Reef). Then I got a second opinion, and when the nurse at that office heard how many steroids I took the reaction was priceless "You've had 4 of those? GOOD LORD!!!!"-anyway, the doctor there took me off the steroids and put me on two prescription-strength antihystamines, with no clue what was causing it-the honesty was refreshing, if discouraging. No one mentioned anything about shots or IVs, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I'm supposed to see a dermatologist sometime, but my mom doesn't like the one in Lynchburg so it looks like I'll be going to Richmond.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
my prayers are with you ATrain. get better bro!
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
my prayers are with you atrain get better my friend.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
Praying you feel better!
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
I'll keep ya in prayer, but you may be overlooking a branch of medicine that has helped some people I know (one woman's daughter had eczima and eventually-after UCONN Sch. of Med. etc.-
found out she was alergic to corn). There is at least one naturopathic Dr. in your area; I was talking to someone at Homecoming abt. it. I still have a family Dr., but go to the other one at times; he has given me immune-boosting stuff when my allergy cough gets bad-Belamcanda 15 (Chinese herbs) and ARA 6. A family member recently went for colonics due to an impaction; cleaning out the colon isn't a popular topic but I believe it when they say it can help alleviate a lot of problems. (Note: my Dr. visits are covered under ins. but the tablets...aren't since they aren't drugs-just love the FDA... :( -but aren't expensive. The colonics are if you go for all 12 treatments, the last 4 being to put good bacteria/flora back in your system, but they might let ya just go for 1 and put the acidophyllus (sp?) in. That's why it's suggested to eat yogurt when you're on antibiotics, which mess up your colon's balance.
BTW, I was on Prednisone a couple times for my cough; heard of someone getting messed up b/c on it so long.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Jasmen for the advicee and everyone praying. Interestingly enough, moisturizing lotion seems to do wonders for the itching, but I've looked online and this can last a very long time...I'm praying it won't. Jasmen, I'll look into that when I get back from Boston on Monday afternoon.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Just a quick update...I saw a dermatologist today, and its Scabies...which means that after treatment I should be better in 2-3 weeks. Just pray that this cream they gave me works.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
good deal Atrain! continued prayers for you my man!
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Will do- you've had to put up w/ that for a while. :(
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]