Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
I believe he's co-pastor emeritus or something like that, which means he's retired, but still holds an honorary title for his years of service.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Doesn't he do the play calling at football games?
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Jim Moon I am asking about was Jerry's friend growing up, both got saved the same night and Jim became the associate pastor at TRBC
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Yup, that's the same guy I was referring to also. If it's not him doing the play calling at LU football games, it sure sounds like him.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I thought you were trying to be funny. Jerry Edwards continues to be the radio voice of the Flames.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jim occasionally does the invocation for football games
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I was referring to the play calling on the speaker system at the stadium itself, not on the radio. Ole Jerry Edwards does a great job on the radio. Who does do the speaker play calling then at the stadium?
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Jim Moon.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I believe its Sun Yun Moon

sorry, couldn't help myself.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Flamesfanva wrote:Yeah, I was referring to the play calling on the speaker system at the stadium itself, not on the radio. Ole Jerry Edwards does a great job on the radio. Who does do the speaker play calling then at the stadium?
His name's Duffy.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
jim moon was at church sunday morning. he is still kicking and doing quite well.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Facebook
Thomas Road Baptist Church

Our Co-Pastor Emeritus, Jim Moon, passed away this morning after a lengthy battle with cancer. He served our church for nearly 50 years - 4 decades working side-by-side with Dr. Falwell. Please be in prayer for Delores and the family. Visitation will be this Thursday from 6:30 pm- 8:30 pm at Thomas Road. The funeral will begin at 11:00 am Friday at Thomas Road.

Jonathan Falwell

Jim Moon, one of the greatest men/mentors I've ever known just slipped into Heaven. He and my dad got saved same night together in 1952.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

If the new players picks up on the pack line def[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]