Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I was a huge fan of this guy growing up an Eagles fan, but reading some of these quotes im even more impressed by what he is doing post-NFL.

Las Vegas Review-Journal wrote:Ex-NFL quarterback Cunningham now calls plays for Henderson church
Football taught Cunningham leadership

By MARK ANDERSON
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

It's Super Bowl Sunday, a day that eluded Randall Cunningham throughout his 16-year NFL career, a day a team nicknamed the Saints would win the big game, and Cunningham's message to his church, Remnant Ministries, is accountability.

"You can't," he says, wearing a black shirt, black vest and red tie, "halfway commit to God."

But Cunningham didn't expect his own commitment to run this deep. Becoming a pastor is not what he envisioned or even wanted.

He thought his days of working on Sundays were over.

"Because I thought right after football, you ride off into the sunset and go golfing every day," Cunningham said. "But that was an empty life."

So here he is, quarterback of a different type of team. Cunningham no longer guides 300-pound offensive linemen and ego-driven wide receivers to victories on the field. Today, he counsels and encourages troubled teenagers, middle-class families worried about paying the mortgage and anyone else willing to enter the Protestant interdenominational church on Windmill Lane.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/ex-nfl-quarter ... 76114.html
After seeing Rodney Peete on Celebrity Apprentice last week, I admit I expected the same thing. He was one of the guys who talked the talk as a player. But I admit having cynicism based on so many others being exposed after their careers were over. Very cool story.
That is amazing I was thinking of what happened to him and his brother Sam like two or three days ago.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]