Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And at least Sly will be excited about the proposed location. :wink:
A nationally known arts-and-crafts store chain has been purchasing rare Bibles and other manuscripts to fill a proposed National Bible Museum.

Hobby Lobby recently announced it had been collecting a variety of materials, such as Hebrew scrolls, medieval manuscripts, and an assortment of Bibles and rare books, since partnering with a group that came up with the idea for the museum.

Steve Green, president of the Oklahoma-based company, says tentative plans call for a 300,000-square-foot facility to be located in a major metropolitan area that would provide an interactive history of the Bible...

Green adds that a search is on for a suitable location for the proposed museum. Though no final decision has been made, Dallas is currently a frontrunner.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... ?id=964126
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As long as it is south of the Red River.
:lol:

Seriously, I would've expected them to set it up at ORU since they run that joint now. That'd be great for SumItUp.

PS -My wife is addicted to Mardel.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I bet not having an interstate in Lynchburg hurt our chances. :banghead

Shouldn't a Bible museum be located in the "Bible Belt"? :dontgetit
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:And at least Sly will be excited about the proposed location. :wink:
A nationally known arts-and-crafts store chain has been purchasing rare Bibles and other manuscripts to fill a proposed National Bible Museum.

Hobby Lobby recently announced it had been collecting a variety of materials, such as Hebrew scrolls, medieval manuscripts, and an assortment of Bibles and rare books, since partnering with a group that came up with the idea for the museum.

Steve Green, president of the Oklahoma-based company, says tentative plans call for a 300,000-square-foot facility to be located in a major metropolitan area that would provide an interactive history of the Bible...

Green adds that a search is on for a suitable location for the proposed museum. Though no final decision has been made, Dallas is currently a frontrunner.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau ... ?id=964126
Looks like they weren't doing their collecting in the proper way:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/un ... s-imported
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
What makes it potentially worse is the fact that Al Qaeda and ISIS have been the major antiquities dealers in that area for years. There's a strong possibility that they were literally funding terrorism, even though they obviously have plausible deniability.
Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]