Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
I have a small prayer request. I am going through my ordination council in three weeks. It seems that all the studying, preparation, and prayer will be needed on my part, but I can't keep the feeling of inadequacy creeping in. I trully know that I am called into the ministry and have been doing it for almost 8 years on a fulltime basis, but it seems that everything hinges on this council. Any prayers will be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
will definitely do so- have an uncle who went thru that experience- can be gruelling. Will be thinking of ya.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Do you know how many will be testing you and their backgrounds? That can have as much to do with your success rate as anything. In general, it seems most will pass you if they like you as a person. Much of the process is to teach you some humility (in which most of the guys asking the questions could use a refresher course).

You'll do great and we'll keep you in our prayers.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
I will pray for you on your ordination. BTW did you go to Texas A&M or just a fan?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Don't remind me of his Aggy days, I prefer to think of him as a Liberty Flame.

:wink:
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
I have to admit I was a big Texas A&M fan growing up. I loved their fight song and marching band. This was back with the SWC, the two big Texas and Arkansas and everyone else were drawfs in the conference.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Aggys and Criminoles? Your judgement is beginning to come into question, 4everfsu.

:D
By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
i attended for two years...they just didn't have a pastor ministry degree. At least for the two years I was there, we never were outscored by t.u. I was even there when bonfire fell and we rebuilt it, and we still beat t.u. that next week.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Now Sly, criminoles :shock: . I will have to find it in my heart to forgive you brother. :D
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]