Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Fellas, if you guys can remember my sister throughout the day tomorrow and the next few weeks... For those of you that know me, know that both of my sister are expecting, my one sister Laura went for her ultrasound today and the doctors informed her that she had a miscarriage... I love my sister to death and have been with her all night, she already has two small kids and tomorrow will be a very hard day as she has to have surgery.... I know God is in control of everything and that he has a plan for all our lives... Just keep my sister and bro-n-law in your prayers if you can.. Thanks
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
No doubt man, hey and thanks for you reaching out to me. We need to get together soon and go to lunch
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
no problem, I have to be out of town tomorrow and then friday, but next week anytime, no doubt..
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Everybody on this board who has kids has some understanding of what your sister is going through. Just the thought of that happening to us would tear me up. We'll add her to our ever-expanding list.

You ever get the feeling that Satan might be working extra hard against because he knows something awesome is coming on the horizon? Whenever multiple events happen like we've endured in the LU family the past few days, I can't help but have this feeling. We need to praise God for everything He does no matter the circumstances.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
I will keep your family in my prayers GMTM.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
GMTM, let me know if i can do anything for you and your family. thoughts and prayers to you my friend.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
GMTM, I am sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray for your family as well bud.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
I will pray for your sister as well, my wife had a miscarraige last year so i can relate.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
My wife had a miscarriage seven years ago. We have since been blessed (I think) with 3 healthy kids. It's not an easy thing to deal with - but you have to believe that in God's plan and in his time the rewards will be greater than the suffering. Had my wife not misacarried my oldest son wouldn't be here and so on and so forth. That said - your sister is added to the prayer list.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Thanks fellas, as a little brother it's kinda hard to exactly know what to say...But I know like I said earlier God has a plan for all of us and even though we may not understand it, these are the times when we have to put our faith into action and realize that he has what's best for us in his mind... I told my sister that you guys are praying for her and she said thanks alot...
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you all as the loss is so hard!
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. My sister had 2 or three; her husband had never been married and has no children. My sister has one- just turned 13. We didn't know until a while after the fact at least the first mis. One time, she was traveling down to my house; it was very early in the pregnancy, so I guess I can understand but.... The last time she was handling it ok until the people that tested the placenta told her the sex of the baby. They have gone through genetic testing. One woman at a conference I went to (she had a few kids and noticed something "off" with her last pregnancy) said never to take a pregnancy for granted. BTW, I was told that Focus On the Family has some info. Have put you sister on my prayer list.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Guys, just a quick update, my sister is doing really well, thanks for all of the prayers the last few weeks....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's great news!
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]