Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
An old friend of mine, and the girl who was my first kiss, is struggling at the moment. I haven't talked to her since we were juniors in high school probably, but I live in a small town and word gets around easily. She got pregnant at the end of our sophomore year and had a baby our junior year. She ended up getting married to the guy (while still in high school). The relationship was never good from what I have been told, she had a second child not long after we graduated, and everything just wasn't good. I know that she turned to stripping to help pay the bills. While doing this, I think she got into some bad habbits and all of that stuff. This girl was still an honor graduate and is incredibly smart. I know she's trying really hard to clean herself up right now and is struggling. I just found her on myspace so I'm hoping I can start talking to her again and be a positive influence. The girl still holds a special place in my heart because of how close we were growing up and I find myself thinking about what could've been had she not had the struggles she did. I pray for her but sometimes that isn't enough. If you guys could just slip up a word every so often for her it'd be great. It makes me sad thinking about what she could've became and the woman she would've been had she not done the things she did. Everyone makes mistakes and she's made a bunch. She's only 20 so it's not too late to change things and, personally, I think there was a reason I found her on myspace when I wasn't even looking for her (was actually looking for another old girlfriend). We all hear stories like this but you don't take note until one finally reaches home. I know you guys will throw up a lil prayer for her and I thank you for it already. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
NO ONE is irrecoverable. We've all made mistakes- hope she is able to get her situation straightened out.

"there but for the grace of God, go I"
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
I went to Christian school from 2nd grade through senior yr. except 1.25 yr. late jr. high thru 9th gr. Then I went to LU with a strong Christian leader running it, solid messages, a fiance' headed toward ministry. Choices I made have caused me to look back with pain at times, but God can use these things to strengthen us. He is always waiting, always loving (though just also); we are the ones who move. I pray your friend finds His love and forgiveness....
Future Schedules.... Again

We should offer to go to Northwestern 25 and 2[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!

NCAA Realignment Megathread

In the FCS world, Richmond is moving their footb[…]

Prayers please

Congrats. What happens next? Finding a fe[…]