Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I prolly should've put this on here earlier but I'm just remembering to now. Some of you that know me know that I was a real estate appraiser while I was at Coastal. I took the classes my first year out of high school at the community college, and then worked in SC for six months. Well, Virginia is requiring a test because they don't do apprentices. I took the test a little over a month ago and made a 67 when I needed a 75. This was after driving around Roanoke lost for an hour. I know how to do the appraisals, the language and the way the questions are written is what gives me problems though. I'm retaking my test tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1pm. If I pass it, I'll have a great paying job and will still be able to do anything with the Student Flames Club and all of that. If I don't pass, I'm gonna hafta go ahead and move back to Lynchburg and find a job that'll probably hinder me from a lot of the stuff I want to do with the club. If you guys can just throw up a prayer to the Big Guy for me it'd be appreciated. The test is at 1 Tuesday afternoon in Roanoke. Thanks guys.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'll be saying one down here in Texas.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:If you guys can just throw up a prayer to the Big Guy for me it'd be appreciated.

Jesus is NOT your HOMEBOY!

A little Tre Faulkner quote there
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Will be praying for you to ace that test. Go get em on today!!!!!!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
will do so: be confident man- you'll be fine. anyway- if it is to be, it will be

(not to get overly philosophical here)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
is cheating out of the question?
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
LOL! That is great. I don't think he'll need to. SJ will do fine.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Well SJ just texted me and said that he missed it by 5 questions... So yes cheating sounded like a GOOD option!!!!!!!!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
no doubt other opportunities will come your way SJ- shake it off, bro
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
man, I hear the lady flames are looking for a new announcer....but SHHHHHH I dont think the person knows yet
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SJ, hang in there bro. right now it may not be God's will for you. i will continue to pray for you brother.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I missed it on two parts. I brought up the parts that I worked on bringing up, just not high enough. I missed the questions on different types of loans and that crap. It's stuff that I'm required to know but don't ever use. Oh well, I think I'll retake it when I get back from vacation.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
is there a limit on how many times you can take it? There is a local Realtor who is ALL over me to take the course and start working for him
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I don't know if there's a limit.

Remember, I'm not trying to be a Real Estate Agent selling houses. It's a Real Estate Appraisal. I tell ya how much they're worth, agents and brokers sell them.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SJ, that is a good biz to be in. i have a close friend in raleigh that does it and he is doing very well for himself. if you want to talk to him, let me know.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
My dad does it. He's done it since I was in 8th grade so I've been around it for a while.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
just thought i would offer.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]