Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:Brokeback... I use NIV for the most part :)
Well that explains it then!!! Just don't go on the Crazy Preacher's board from a previous post and tell them that. WOW I am sure they will try to reserve you a nice town house next to mine. With a great view of the Lake of Fire! :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Just on a side note, the campus pastors recommend the NIV for students.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Just on a side note, the campus pastors recommend the NIV for students.
Now I am not saying the NIV is a bad for a study Bible, actually I think it is very good. I HAD a nice Life Application NIV Bible until..........SOMEONE STOLE IT (Was it SATAN!!) I was just making the point when you want to translate from the original languages, which is where SOME of these type of arguments come from, the RSV is VERY good.
For fun one time, try reading from the Living Bible!!! ALways elicits stares!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hadn't heard of him, brokeback. But that was an entertaining read. Very PJ O'Rourke-ish.

As for translation, my wife & I take a NKJV with us to church and study out of an NIV. But I enjoy a number of other new translations.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Brokeback Flamer wrote:http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns ... 99382.html

Ran across this article. I am not sure if all of you have heard of this guy but I love reading his stuff. Imagine that, ME liking a caustic and sarcastic author. What next?
now THAT is good stuff right there.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]