Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:My job (and more importantly my insurance) is secure for the time being. But I won't be out of harm's way until the baby arrives in Late January/Early February. While far from a reassuring scenario, at least our primary concern has been somewhat alleviated. Thanks again for all of the prayers.
Now is the time to plan ahead!!! Miniature Video Cameras should be very affordable around the holidays!! It is the gift that keeps on giving!! Plus you can do WONDERS with photo shop
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Good to hear abt. sigh of relief-will pray as preg. progresses-congrats! My sister is due late Feb.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
Worse case scenario is the Cobra option but that is expensive. It does give you the option to look for other work for several weeks without paying for the coverage until you decide you need it. If the spouse is employed, you could probably use this as a qualifying event and get coverage under her employer or many employers have open enrollments this time of year for coverage to begin in January.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Baldspot wrote:Worse case scenario is the Cobra option but that is expensive. It does give you the option to look for other work for several weeks without paying for the coverage until you decide you need it. If the spouse is employed, you could probably use this as a qualifying event and get coverage under her employer or many employers have open enrollments this time of year for coverage to begin in January.
BALDSPOT is correct- a change in employment status should qualify as a significant life event, thereby trumping the standard "wait until open-enrollment-period" procedure.

hope you don't have to even worry about that though.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My wife is a cointract worker so she has no insurance option except through me. We're checking some recent new state laws here in Texas that might help us use HIPAA to our advantage in order for me to jump off the sinking ship at work.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Doesn't affect us at all, but our former Big South[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]