Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The big movement on Facebook is for everyone, no matter where you are or where you're going, to wear a Liberty shirt tomorrow.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
As I mentioned to SJ earlier, I'm going red power tie tomorrow.
By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
here
By SubGod22
Registration Days
I must admit I don't know a ton about Falwell. He's never been a person that I've chosen to follow and I know I didn't always agree with him or how he approached some things. But I have no doubt he did what he did because he felt it was right and/or the best way. He's done a lot of big things as well and I know he was looked up to by many Christians. I'm sure he'll be missed by many, and I know you at Liberty must be hurting. A sad day for those in his family and his friends. My prayers go out to all of you as I'm sure many others from Wichita feel the same.

God Bless you all.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks

still hard to grasp.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The Champion is going to do a special tabloid-like 8-page edition to Dr. Falwell. I will be writing about how sports played a major part in his life
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I remember sitting outside on the curb beside the fine arts hall one morning before band camp. We were waiting b/c the doors were still locked. Here comes Jerry walking briskly to the door, pulling it, only to discover it was locked.

He looks at us, and says, laughing, "You would think I would have a key". Then he came over and sat down and talked with us while we waited for security to open the door. Two college students and Dr. Falwell sitting on the curb for 15 minutes talking.

I also remember him making me and Julie (my wife) stand up in the choir at Thomas Road when we got engaged. Robbie Hiner was the choir director at the time, and he told Falwell...so here me and Julie were not expecting anything...then all of a sudden, we have to stand up during annoucements.

I'll miss him a lot.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Here is the link for the funeral service and the viewings of Dr.Falwell. This morning at 10am on 90.9FM we are having a tribute show for him..how ironic that the one hour a week he was on our station was Wednesday mornings at 10AM... It has been an honor for me today to talk about the man that has allowed me to live my dream in broadcasting...I will always be in debt to him and his family...

The Falwell Family, Church, and University Officials have announced that Dr. Falwell would want Liberty University’s Baccalaureate and Commencement programs to be held as scheduled.

The Baccalaureate Service will be held at 7 pm on Friday, May 18th in the sanctuary of the Thomas Road Baptist Church, and Commencement will be held in the Arthur L. Williams Stadium at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 19th.

Dr. Falwell will lie in repose first in the Grand Lobby of the Arthur S. Demoss Learning Center and later in the Sanctuary of the new Thomas Road Baptist Church. The public is invited to pay their respects according to the following schedule:

http://www.liberty.edu/administration/i ... ?PID=14092
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
No sporting event will ever be the same for me...my hero has fallen
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:No sporting event will ever be the same for me...my hero has fallen
His seat in the Vines needs to be retired, or memorialized in some sort of way.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:No sporting event will ever be the same for me...my hero has fallen
With you brother. Hang in there...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
His seat in the Vines needs to be retired, or memorialized in some sort of way.
I was thinking the same thing last night. He always sat in that seat. It must be memorialized as Jerry's seat. Perhaps rope it off, so noone else will ever sit there again, and label it Jerry's chair.

HMO, hang in there brother.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Im praying for you HMO.
By bucksweepjax
Registration Days Posts
The sun did come up this morning, but like someone said earlier, its like waking up and finding out Mount Everest has disappeared. Even the Bob Jones people I work with are at least acting dissappointed.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I didn't even think about how close to home it hits HMO.....prayers for sure...

I am going on campus for the first time since it happened (aside from the trbc service) in a few minutes....i am not sure why, but its just weird knowing JF won't be around driving that SUV around...scaring the crap out of me with that horn or simply seeing him smile and waving....campus will not be the same

I am sad for the current freshmen, they will never get much of a chance to really know the man that is Jerry Falwell, and for the incoming students for never being able to hear the Jerry stories....sure we got annoyed at them at the time, but looking back its just funny...he was always like a little boy on Christmas day when telling about the start of this university

man i miss the guy....I wish everyone around the country could know the man a lot of us were so privileged to meet several times.....
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Any of you guys away from Lynchburg having a difficult time? The people I work with just dont understand why I'm so upset. I let them know he passed, but they are like what's wrong with you? Was he that great? They just don't understand.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
He was a giant for the Lord because of his heart. Everyone is talking about his amazing memory. I'm more impressed with his amazing heart. He remembered everyone because he actually listened to EVERYONE when he spoke to them. He actually took what you said to heart, that's why he knew us all.
I too got the mess scared out of me on numerous occasions by that horn, what a hoot.
It was a joy to work with him at LBN even though it was a short time for me.
Back when the OTGH building was on Langhorne Rd. I did an envelope stuffing session of 2 just because he asked in chapel. 1 night after midnight, he showed up while we were stuffing fundraising envelopes at the last minute. He showed up around midnight or so and stopped and individually talked to each one of us. There were a bunch of us there. He gave me a nickname that day which I keep quiet, but I will never forget. He never forgot me.

He is missed dearly!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I heard a great song this morning, it talked about how I want to make this moment about You(Christ) not about me. It's no doubt that's what Jerry would want. He wants all this attention to drive people closer to Christ. I pray that will happen.
By backintheday
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson,

I think it is difficult for people who never met Jerry or had affiliation with the university or TRBC to understand how much of a personal impact that he could have. It has surprised me that I have felt such an impact with his passing but it has caused me to reflect on my years at Liberty and the subtle, and not so subtle, influence that he had on my life. One comment that I saw about him was that, despite his personal celebrity, he could talk with people and make them feel like they were the most important person he could be talking with at the time. Just read some of the comments in the guestbook over at the News & Advance. Students and members of TRBC felt a very personal connection with the man. That is hard for people outside the Liberty/TRBC family to understand.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I have been sitting here reading some articles this morning and I found this one that mentioned flamefans.com

At 1:38 p.m., a member of Flamefans.com, an Internet message board about Liberty University frequented by students and alumni, created a tribute message thread.

"My condolences go out to the entire Falwell family," one message poster wrote. "But as he always pointed out to us when others went on to glory before him, it should also be a time of celebration as he is now in the presence of the Almighty."

Another wrote, "Whether you agreed with everything he said or not, he certainly was a man of conviction and accomplished great things in his life."

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Sate ... ws!archive

sorry for the long link....
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i posted that in a seperate thread in the lynchburg life. let's direct it there.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
No problem, I actually just saw where you had posted it before....BTW it was good to see you yesterday...
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
you too my little bro!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
If anyone away from Lynchburg would like a copy of the special edition of the Champion, I'll be happy to send you one. Just give PM an address...anyone know about how much it will cost to mail it?
By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
I was working the polls up here in PA when I got a phone call from Dwayne Carson, followed by one from my former roommates. Even today it still hasn't set in
2025 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/2025-cb-uriah-points-com[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]

2024 Season Thread

Thanks for the work you put into these. It is appr[…]