Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday on my way home from work two young ladies (my guess is around 20 or so) stopped me to talk. They identified themselves at missionaries and when they said their names they said introduced themselves as "sister so and so" (I don't even remember their names) they were also both wearing very long skirts and not pants (not that this necessarily means anything just thought I'd point it out). They asked me about Jesus, if I knew who He was and if I had a relationship with Him. Then asked what church I went to and why I went to that church.

Then it got really interesting, they started talking about "the prophet" they never said a name or gave any indication who he was. They asked me what it would mean to me if I knew there was a prophet living today just like Abraham and Noah and several others that they listed. They said that God did not leave or abandon, I don't remember their exact phrasing, the earth for us to just do as we please. That God has sent us a prophet just like in the old testament to guide us and lead us. They also told me their are 12 disciples along with the prophet they kept mentioning. They then asked me if I wanted to know more about the prophet and the 12 disciples at which point I declined and they very politely thanked me for my time and went on their way. I really wanted to know who this prophet was and who they were but didn't want to get sucked deeper into that.

Anybody have any idea who they could have been? Who is this prophet?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Mormons.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Oh okay. Me and my wife talked about that but I didn’t really think it was them. The way they talked about “the prophet” made it sound cultish.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 2:44 pm Oh okay. Me and my wife talked about that but I didn’t really think it was them. The way they talked about “the prophet” made it sound cultish.
Cultish?
Mormon's.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
I guess I’m now realizing how little I knew Mormons and what they believe.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The thing that threw me off was the long skirts. That typically is one of the branches of the LDS.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 4:11 pm I guess I’m now realizing how little I knew Mormons and what they believe.
* They believe Jesus and Satan are brothers.
* They believe we all pre-existed and our brothers & sisters are waiting to come down (hence the need for more kids)
* They believe that God was once a man, and like him, we can become a god.

They use language which sounds evangelical but has completely different meanings.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]