Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Conceptually, Bitcoin isn’t really “owned” by anyone. China produces most of it, but anyone can fire up their PC and start mining it. It’s not really a threat to the dollar, it’s just another way of trading money. Saying Bitcoin is a threat to the dollar is like saying gold is. And on your one world currency concerns, don’t worry- there’s lots of different crypto-currencies out there, so even if cryptocurrency takes over in the remote future, it probably still won’t be a unified system.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea how you mine for something that doesn’t physically exist
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 14th, 2021, 11:43 am Conceptually, Bitcoin isn’t really “owned” by anyone. China produces most of it, but anyone can fire up their PC and start mining it. It’s not really a threat to the dollar, it’s just another way of trading money. Saying Bitcoin is a threat to the dollar is like saying gold is. And on your one world currency concerns, don’t worry- there’s lots of different crypto-currencies out there, so even if cryptocurrency takes over in the remote future, it probably still won’t be a unified system.
Bible worldview seems to indicate there's a one world economic system on the way.

I'll be watching to see if the west gets sucked into dumping all thier dollars into it .... to make a quick buck, then China holds all the cards.

You're right though multiple players trying to control crypto. Facebook and others.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:26 pm I have no idea how you mine for something that doesn’t physically exist
Goggle "who owns bitcoin". Sounds crazy to me.
Last edited by TH Spangler on January 14th, 2021, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Purple Haize wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:26 pm I have no idea how you mine for something that doesn’t physically exist
Basically they’re “paying” you for use of your computer. You’re reward is in Bitcoin.

Lots of cryptos out there:

https://coinmarketcap.com/
Yeah, still makes no sense to me
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 14th, 2021, 2:49 pm
stokesjokes wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:41 pm
Basically they’re “paying” you for use of your computer. You’re reward is in Bitcoin.

Lots of cryptos out there:

https://coinmarketcap.com/
Yeah, still makes no sense to me
Antichrist will explain it to those left behind :evil:
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, most of you who are concerned about the malleability of information in the internet age (which hopefully is everyone) should get excited about blockchain technology.

Most cryptocurrencies (as stated earlier) are decentralized.
Kricket liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]