Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#549304 This past week has been a whirlwind for me.
In short, I am about to undergo some major surgery with a few days in the hospital and recovery at home for a few weeks.
Biopsies (taken today) will determine what occurs after that.
Strangely enough, I am at peace with all of it .... so far.
I give all the glory to my Savior for that.
My wife is the typical worried supportive wife --- but mine.
However, my daughter is not doing so well with her daddy not doing well. And, all she knows ids I am having a big surgery.
She has said many things to me the past week that have made me melt and some of them was her worry we would not be able to go camping, fishing, to Hershey Park, Liberty football games, and so many other small things we do together.
I have lived by Scripture and Strong Fathers - Strong Daughters, by Meg Meker.
It is now a double edged sword during this time for both her and I.
I understand prayers will come my way and my wifes way and please send them.
But, I would think any parent would understand I really want the bulk of the prayer power going towards my daughter --- Amber.
By ALUmnus
#549331 How old is Amber?
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#549341 Wow, praying right now as I read this up in Seattle. God is in control.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#549358
Purple Haize wrote:Dude. Prayers and everything


Thank you kindly. I always feel like a Nigerian internet banker when I say that.

Just found out today the surgery is on May the 4th and I should be back to work the first week of July.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#549359
Sly Fox wrote:Wow, praying right now as I read this up in Seattle. God is in control.


Yes, He is in control. I thank you kindly for the prayers . It is comforting to know as they will help.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#549428
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Dude. Prayers and everything


Thank you kindly. I always feel like a Nigerian internet banker when I say that.

Just found out today the surgery is on May the 4th and I should be back to work the first week of July.


Dude! Star Wars Day?!?! May The Fourth be with you, always.

Seriously, you've got an army of prayer warriors around you.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#549553
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Dude. Prayers and everything


Thank you kindly. I always feel like a Nigerian internet banker when I say that.

Just found out today the surgery is on May the 4th and I should be back to work the first week of July.


Dude! Star Wars Day?!?! May The Fourth be with you, always.

Seriously, you've got an army of prayer warriors around you.


Classic! Thank you for the chuckle. And, thank for for being part of the Army.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#551304 Whew ...
Surgery was May 4 and I was released from the hospital the 18th.
Short story
Another surgery in about six weeks
Stage three cancer to be treated with chemo.
Keep the prayers comin .....
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#551335 Praise God for his healing hand thus far. Still praying now more precisely in Texas!
By flamehunter
#551373 Will keep you in prayers for healing. Rest in God's hands and allow him to use this in ways you can't imagine.
User avatar
By CCWMichael
#551424 Sly and Flame I thank you.
After my two week stay I can testimony a multitude of ways I saw him work and work through others.
I could eaily spen a few hours recounting my experiences.
I just wonder how many of some of the people I saw him working through realized they were a vessel at that time.
Every moment counts as we never know the one that will be of value to another.
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#551480 God uses these experiences in mighty ways to not only the one going through the trauma but also all of those with whom you encounter. Godspeed!