Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Job is located in Roanoke and I am asking for prayer for God's will to be done no matter the result. Thanks guys
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Definitely will do.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
after what seemed like a great interview and 2 callback conversations, I was given a no. Guess this wasn't God's plan right now. Oh well, on to the next one.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
I am trying and will continue to look. I just received a LTS from Bank of America. For those who don't know, and hopefully you wont ever, it is a legal action awarded against you and taken directly from your bank account. Found out today that Sallie Mae took out 4k in cash I owed and threw me way way way in the read. So now im opening a new account somewhere tomorrow, but this is the perfect example of how debt can make someone a slave. God will provide, but I am on fumes when it comes to positive outlook. Thanks for the prayers guys. 2 years and 16k in student loans paid off meant nothing to Sallie Mae, hopefully God has a miracle waiting and can direct me to find a way to figure out how to deal with all of this debt with the job situation.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I've certainly learned about the wealth of deferment and forbearance options available on private and subsidized student loans via Sallie Mae. Unemployment has been interesting and educational, to say the least. But Sallie Mae worked with me very easily. I'm sorry to hear the same was not true of you.

I should be hearing back from my two interviews over the next 24-48 hours or so.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:I am trying and will continue to look. I just received a LTS from Bank of America. For those who don't know, and hopefully you wont ever, it is a legal action awarded against you and taken directly from your bank account. Found out today that Sallie Mae took out 4k in cash I owed and threw me way way way in the read. So now im opening a new account somewhere tomorrow, but this is the perfect example of how debt can make someone a slave. God will provide, but I am on fumes when it comes to positive outlook. Thanks for the prayers guys. 2 years and 16k in student loans paid off meant nothing to Sallie Mae, hopefully God has a miracle waiting and can direct me to find a way to figure out how to deal with all of this debt with the job situation.
Take a look at ING Direct. The only thing you can't do easily with them is deposit cash. Everything else is simple, there are no minimums or fees on their checking or savings accounts, and all of their accounts are interest bearing. It's been a huge help for me to bank with them while being out of work.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/MBakerTBTimes/status/1798077[…]

5 plus 7 model

Boise St gets the ND 2025 game.

Family Travel Obsession

Live a little. Driving in Germany & Italy is t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]