Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Sounds fishy to me. We get one side of the story(hers) but I'm not buying it just yet.

One of the comments below:
bkavelko
Thursday, Jul. 22 5:13 PM

I am also in the counseling program with Ms. Keeton. We have been taught to expose, but not to impose our own values when working with clients. We do not have to agree with our clients' lifestyles in order to counsel them effectively. Ms. Keeton has been very vocal in class about her unwillingness to work with homosexual clients. She has voiced that she would have to "refer them out" because homosexuality conflicts with her religious views. This attitude has not only offended her classmates but has the possibility of damaging children who seek her guidance in the school system in the future. I have every confidence that my faculty has not asked her to change her beliefs but to have her understand that counselors need to have the ability to neutralize their personal beliefs for the benefit of the diverse society that we live in. I have always had reservations about Ms. Keeton's pursuit of a career in counseling, especially in a school setting.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]