Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan's twitter:
Please pray for the Doug Oldham family. He went home to be with the Lord early this morning.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for posting, CJ.

Most of the folks on the board either have no idea who he is or only know him as the old, fat guy they'd wheel out at Thomas Road from time to time. But Doug was an icon of Christian music in the '60s & '70s who contributed to LU's early growth when the school was essentially funded by the Old Time Gospel Hour. For that I am very grateful.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I remember him singing from the few TRBC services I attended during the early part of this decade. He will be missed, prayers for the family and TRBC community.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly, some current students may recognize his name, because there is a renovated recital hall named him in the Fine Arts building:
Dr. John Hugo, chairman of LU’s Department of Music and Humanities, says the choice to name the updated hall after Oldham, who sang for five presidents, recorded more than 64 albums and earned two Dove awards, was a natural decision.

“It seemed to me that he had done so much for the ministry and he needed to be recognized. … He brought prestige and visibility to the music at Thomas Road Baptist Church and here at Liberty.”
LJ article (with pic): http://www.liberty.edu/libertyjournal/i ... 8&artid=57
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sung: "The King is coming..."

Spoken: Yes, people He's coming!

Sung: "The king is coming..."

Contrary to others my age, I admired him, and treasured still getting to hear him when I finally reached the mountain as a student. Great man, great voice, great testimony...sorely missed!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I got to hear him on a few occasions and thoroughly enjoyed hearing him every time...his is a voice that will be missed (until we get to heaven ourselves)
5 plus 7 model

It could happen, Haize. A selfie in front of Moydr[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]