Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
#274125
Just found out that Dr. Boyd Rist at LU was rushed to the hospital this evening. He was (IIRC) diagnosed with cancer, and treatments started fairly quickly. Not sure at this point what the problem was (probably related to the treatment, but I'm not sure), but he was sent by ambulance to the hospital this evening.

My wife has known Dr. and Mrs. Rist since she was in 4th grade, so she's also a little upset about the whole thing. When/if I hear anything more, I'll update.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
#274135
Just got an update -- Dr. Rist has multiple myeloma, which is a form of leukemia. The doctors are confident that the treatments will bring it into remission, but his immune system is pretty weak right now, so he has to be really careful.
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]