This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Out here in the country we got some accumulation. Looks like more South and East. Yesterday Roanoke had flurries but nothing was sticking. Apparently today though they are supposed to get a couple of inches. I think the weather folks did a good job on this one
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Out here in the country we got some accumulation. Looks like more South and East. Yesterday Roanoke had flurries but nothing was sticking. Apparently today though they are supposed to get a couple of inches. I think the weather folks did a good job on this one
The local guys yes. The online weather apps were saying as late as Thursday there was 0% chance of precipitation. And they want us to believe their extended forecasts too. :BS
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Out here in the country we got some accumulation. Looks like more South and East. Yesterday Roanoke had flurries but nothing was sticking. Apparently today though they are supposed to get a couple of inches. I think the weather folks did a good job on this one
The local guys yes. The online weather apps were saying as late as Thursday there was 0% chance of precipitation. And they want us to believe their extended forecasts too. :BS
I only listen to the local forecasts. I use WTForecast App for generalities and fun
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Run to Walmart. Coming next Friday.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Still more questions than answers with the latest model guidance to really guarantee anything.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Never mind. Fake news. Sad!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Never mind. Fake news. Sad!
In regards to weather always listen to thepostman, he always delivers :D
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
We have had two different parties tell us they heard on local media of a potential "mega" storm (more than a foot of snow) coming into the area soon. I haven't seen that anywhere... have y'all? Having two people who run in different circles make the same claim was interesting. We must not get our weather reports from the same place. lol
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:We have had two different parties tell us they heard on local media of a potential "mega" storm (more than a foot of snow) coming into the area soon. I haven't seen that anywhere... have y'all? Having two people who run in different circles make the same claim was interesting. We must not get our weather reports from the same place. lol
Did these people also claim LU would have a Top P5 Head Coach on the sidelines next year? Or that there was a done Package Deal for new FB coaches?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:We have had two different parties tell us they heard on local media of a potential "mega" storm (more than a foot of snow) coming into the area soon. I haven't seen that anywhere... have y'all? Having two people who run in different circles make the same claim was interesting. We must not get our weather reports from the same place. lol
Did these people also claim LU would have a Top P5 Head Coach on the sidelines next year? Or that there was a done Package Deal for new FB coaches?
Nope. :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There is a potential for an east coast snow storm next week but at this point it would only be a major snow storm for parts of New England. So unless something changes drastically that is what I would expect.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
At this time it appears the best for accumulating snow will be areas Richmond and east.

Also in play are coastal areas of SC, NC, and north of NYC.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not saying that isn't at all a possibility but the shift west would be significant if that were to happen. This does have the ingredients of a pretty powerful storm and will be fun to watch develop.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There has been a slight shift west in the precip shield in the latest euro model data so I you never know I guess but as of right now nothing in Lynchburg.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Run to Walmart. Tuesday night into Wednesday.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Gutsy. Still a lot of variables at play.
It’s why I went yesterday!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Probably a little snow. Could be big, though. 2-4 is an excellent first guess.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Probably a little snow. Could be big, though.
Sounds just the weather man. Cover all the bases, and you can’t be wrong!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]