This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something

NWS has the most conservative estimate I have seen so far. No milk sandwiches yall. Be safe and don't be hungry.

Remember! If you lose power and are going to lose the food anyway, you might as well cook the good stuff if you can.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is starting to look a lot like a repeat of Camille back in 1969. For the sake of people in Nelson and Amherst counties, I hope not.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:This is starting to look a lot like a repeat of Camille back in 1969. For the sake of people in Nelson and Amherst counties, I hope not.
Last report I saw has it trending more to the NC mountains. We shall see... and pray.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Last report I saw has it trending more to the NC mountains.
Yay.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Last report I saw has it trending more to the NC mountains.
Yay.
Not if you live in Boone.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, my brother lives in a small town in Mitchell County in NC and he said they aren’t too worried about it.
By Class of 20Something
It looks like the high pressure system in the Midwest is going to knock this thing down south. We aren't supposed to get more than 5 inches of rain now. Much worse for SC and GA with this model. Rainfall, storm surge, and probably two high tide cycles will flood a massive area.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm hearing you guys are getting the nasty side of the storm with twisters. I've been through that mess. Everyone good?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I'm hearing you guys are getting the nasty side of the storm with twisters. I've been through that mess. Everyone good?
They stayed east of the burg, but RIC got hit by 9.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Monday was a little hairy around here. Our office is about five miles from where that big one hit down off Hull Street Road. Spent most of the afternoon under a tornado warning. It could have been much, much worse. We were fortunate.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Potential is there, but early soundings indicate sleet and freezing rain may takeover for a couple hours. I certainly thing 6+ is possible for sure. Still a way to go before we get there.
By Class of 20Something
If you like following winter weather on twitter. The linked account is good if you can get past his politics.

He is currently forecasting 11" in Lynchburg and has historically been several days ahead of local and national weather services.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:If you like following winter weather on twitter. The linked account is good if you can get past his politics.

He is currently forecasting 11" in Lynchburg and has historically been several days ahead of local and national weather services.
Yeah if we could just hold off till Sunday night that’d be great. We have tix to see Trans Siberian Orchestra in Greensboro
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This snow storm Stuff is crazy. First 11”. Then yesterday it was 1-3. Now 4-8. What the heck? I need to know if going to Trans Siberian Orchestra in Greensboro is going to happen tomorrow or not!
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Hands down the wildest storm I've ever tracked. I can't get a grasp on it at all. Canadian model says we'll get dumped on, America's says we'll get nothing. Euro says we'll get it.

Then I turned on WSET and saw him literally put on the screen 0"-18" and felt better. If they cant figure it out then I def don't have a shot.

Looks like it's finally trending North so I'm saying Bedford gets 10", Lynchburg gets 8"

That's my final answer.
By Class of 20Something
Hold My Own wrote:Hands down the wildest storm I've ever tracked. I can't get a grasp on it at all. Canadian model says we'll get dumped on, America's says we'll get nothing. Euro says we'll get it.

Then I turned on WSET and saw him literally put on the screen 0"-18" and felt better. If they cant figure it out then I def don't have a shot.

Looks like it's finally trending North so I'm saying Bedford gets 10", Lynchburg gets 8"

That's my final answer.
The updated GFS was fantastic on this storm until the 36 hour mark. Then it dropped south, then picked back up 6 hours later.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If all of this rain we have endured here in Texas make sits way to Vorginia as snow the next couple of days, you may be digging out for weeks.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
As of 10:00 we had 8 inches so far here in the Triad. Supposed to snow until 8pm. We’ll be lucky to have school at all this week.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]