This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Buy Bread and Milk! It's coming!

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BLACKSBURG HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT EST THURSDAY NIGHT.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA LATE TONIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY ACCUMULATING TO AROUND AN INCH BEFORE MIXING WITH AND CHANGING TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. FREEZING RAIN WILL LIKELY PUT A THIN GLAZING OF ICE ON SHADED ROADWAYS AND SIDEWALKS...AND ON BRIDGES AS WELL AS ELEVATED SURFACES. EXPECT HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS THROUGH THE PERIOD.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The ones from the south are always the worst. With that being said, I'm going nowhere near a grocery store today.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
Quick!! Go buy 8 gallons of milk just in case you lose power!!

Also don't stop to question the logic of buying the one thing that would go bad the fastest should you lose power!!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
You can just put the milk outside. Duh.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:You can just put the milk outside. Duh.
Where the bears can get it? No, sir!
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
i actually need milk. what bad timing. i'll buy it on campus probably, i don't think there will be a rush there.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:i actually need milk. what bad timing. i'll buy it on campus probably, i don't think there will be a rush there.
i had to re-read that a few times because it wasn't an option when i went to LU.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
LU didn't use have some sort of snack bar or general store or anything that sold milk? :shock:
By BrysOn_G
Registration Days Posts
i was checkin out the hourly forecast... doesn't look like it's going to really start much till 8 or 9am... which might throw out the chances of having 9:15 acct. 302 canceled.

man... he's borrrring too.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
flamesbball84 wrote:LU didn't use have some sort of snack bar or general store or anything that sold milk? :shock:
You're mocking me, aren't you?
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
flamesbball84 wrote:LU didn't use have some sort of snack bar or general store or anything that sold milk? :shock:
He has to be good at something...right?
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
My wife called from her work saying we need some stuff...just out of coincidence. Fortunately, she also volunteered to stop on HER way home from work. I ALMOST feel guilty her doing that why I kick back in my recliner watching golf and playing on FlameFans.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
You should feel guilty.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:My wife called from her work saying we need some stuff...just out of coincidence. Fortunately, she also volunteered to stop on HER way home from work. I ALMOST feel guilty her doing that why I kick back in my recliner watching golf and playing on FlameFans.
God bless you. You have fought the good fight and you have won.
By flamesbball84
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:
no, im just surprised they didnt have something like that...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I decided to stay home today, just in case it moved in faster than they were predicting. You know, just to be safe.

Actually, I stayed home because I was sick. Why couldn't I be sick tomorrow?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Bedford County is already out...am I missing something or has it not even started yet
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
your not missin anything
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
This is why Va gets made fun of
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
haha, i was about to post that
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I miss those days in the Burg, when you knew you were going to get slammed with snow that night and all the classes would be canceled the next day. The late night shenanigans and running around the next day. The best feeling is when is showed up out of nowhere and you had a huge test or report that next day
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I like the fact that the map at the top of the thread keeps updating itself!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
this is why I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, lol
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote: I ALMOST feel guilty her doing that why I kick back in my recliner watching golf and reading, writing, & researching on FlameFans.
fixed it for you :typing :nod
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]