This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:As of 10:00 we had 8 inches so far here in the Triad. Supposed to snow until 8pm. We’ll be lucky to have school at all this week.
I’m just happy TSO rescheduled!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:As of 10:00 we had 8 inches so far here in the Triad. Supposed to snow until 8pm. We’ll be lucky to have school at all this week.
I don´t know if you have seen them live before, but it´s pretty special. My sister´s late husband was a HUGE fan and took the family to see them multiple times over the years (Chicago area) I got to tag along once several years ago when I was visiting for Christmas.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I don´t know if you have seen them live before, but it´s pretty special. My sister´s late husband was a HUGE fan and took the family to see them multiple times over the years (Chicago area) I got to tag along once several years ago when I was visiting for Christmas.
I have not. I’ve heard the first part of the show is amazing
They rescheduled the show for Tuesday but we can’t make it. They are offering to exchange tickets for any other show on the tour or the show next year. I’m trying to talk Mrs Purple into taking the train up to DC for the show on the 23rd. But we are going to the MWS show here in Lynchburg on the 22nd. So I’m not sure what she will want to do
By fan00
Registration Days Posts
I have been patiently waiting on the weather guys on here to give me an idea of what it is going to do this weekend in Lynchburg. I have seen some people saying lower ends because the warm air reaches us and sleet/freezing rain mixes in. Jamey Singleton out of Roanoke seems to think we stay all or at least mostly snow and get hammered (a foot!). I doubt we get a foot, but this teacher can hope! Ha.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My guess is Lynchburg will stay all snow and get about 6 to 8 inches. A foot seems way to high
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Men at 2:00; ladies at 4:30. Play Basketball
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Will it rain, will it snow? With every storm, we just don't know (forecast models all over the place for this latest storm)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 14th, 2020, 6:49 pm The answer to all of your questions, is yes. Haha
The forecast lines are sharp on this one. I could get a ton at my house while you get very little just a few miles away
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
It is amazing how long of a gap there was between Classes0f20Somthing's post and Atrain's. :o
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: December 14th, 2020, 7:16 pm
thepostman wrote: December 14th, 2020, 6:49 pm The answer to all of your questions, is yes. Haha
The forecast lines are sharp on this one. I could get a ton at my house while you get very little just a few miles away
Yes, the cut off is huge. The kids heard it may snow on Wednesday and between that and Christmas excitement, the volume in my house is at an all time high. Haha.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Same here. Trying to plan what was a Thursday departure from Philadelphia to Lynchburg has become fun.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 14th, 2020, 8:04 pm Same here. Trying to plan what was a Thursday departure from Philadelphia to Lynchburg has become fun.
Trains should be fine. If flying, PHL can handle winter weather well and CLT won't be impacted. If driving - people in Maryland can't even drive in perfect weather, I'd try to leave earlier or later if possible
JK37 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: December 14th, 2020, 7:18 pm The problem with working virtually: snow no longer means a day off Crybaby
I'm actually ok with that, since in Boston the most we'd ever get was just one day, even if it was two feet of snow. I'll happily work from home if it means I don't have to go out in it.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I hear Lynchburg barely got anything, some rain. Meanwhile, it’s started here in greater Philly and it’s a mess.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 6:11 pm I hear Lynchburg barely got anything, some rain.
We got some nasty freezing rain by mid-morning, but my mid-afternoon the temps warmed up to the high 30s and melted everything. LU was closed for a snow day, but I literally never saw a single snowflake. :rainy
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 16th, 2020, 6:31 pm
JK37 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 6:11 pm I hear Lynchburg barely got anything, some rain.
We got some nasty freezing rain by mid-morning, but my mid-afternoon the temps warmed up to the high 30s and melted everything. LU was closed for a snow day, but I literally never saw a single snowflake. :rainy
So you're saying you didn't see Ballcoach creeping around campus today???
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ATrain has JOKES! :rofl
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Time to run to Walmart.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I love that this is still a thread.

Up this way 6 inches seems like a sure thing. A foot can't be ruled out if everything goes just right.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like snow days are a thing of the past. Even with big snows, we are now supposed to have class on Microsoft Teams.
stokesjokes liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]