This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I can report plenty of milk available at the Appomattox Wal Mart. Not. Much else
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Aldi fully stocked too. I guess the pandemic has made people less concerned about being stuck inside.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: January 30th, 2021, 9:30 am I've been to the Appomattox Walmart once. My cashier was on a first name basis with death. 7 minutes to check out 2 items.
Really? Huh. It is the one we go to the most. Wish it had a better selection of things. It’s faster than the Beford Wal Mart that’s for sure
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Faster by southwest Virginia standards still isn't very fast but at least they're nice for the most part. I don't take that for granted after 7+ years in the DMV!

We are fully stocked. Got plenty of firewood so the kids (and me) can warm up by the fireplace after playing in the snow. Just got the sleds out. We are ready to go!
alabama24 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We’re only going to get an inch or two. I love snow. Thought when I moved to the NE I’d get more. This sucks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wake up yesterday morning all is good and we are gonna have a pleasant weekend
Wake up today and everyone is asking me if I’m ready for the big snow storm!!!
When did we get hit with a Winter Storm Warning!?!
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: February 6th, 2021, 4:46 pm Wake up yesterday morning all is good and we are gonna have a pleasant weekend
Around late Thursday evening. I am usually notified a couple days from the weather app that I have on my phone.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 6th, 2021, 7:06 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 6th, 2021, 4:46 pm Wake up yesterday morning all is good and we are gonna have a pleasant weekend
Around late Thursday evening. I am usually notified a couple days from the weather app that I have on my phone.
Mrs Purple and I were literally watching the weather forecast and it was a big nothing. Then sometime overnight that all changed!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 6th, 2021, 7:12 pm Yeah, coming our way next. We’re getting 5-8” tomorrow.
That’s what it’s looking like here as well. We are supposed to head to Giles on Monday
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Enough already with this weather! I woke up to 13 degrees and 3 inches of snow with rolling blackouts in Houston. Seriously! We just had the first wind chill advisory in the history of Houston issued this morning. I moved to Texas to get away from this mess.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is what Texas gets for caving to the woke mob and going to 25% wind when they have enough natty gas under their feet to last centuries.

flamehunter liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is not that simple. The natural gas-powered plant just a couple of miles from my house that went online in December froze out and knocked most of my neighbors offline including my elderly parents. They build the plants down here to withstand intense heat at the expense of cold vulnerability.
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Hey man, you're hurting the narrative here. How dare you!

I had no idea I had so many friends in Texas until seeing all the pictures floating around on social media. It is really wild stuff. How are things in Houston, Sly?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Flew from the Gulf Coast to Maryland earlier today. The mid-40s of Maryland felt quite warm compared to the absolutely frigid temps in New Orleans and Biloxi, and it had started to snow in Atlanta when we took off on our connecting flight.
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Bad weather is coming to Lynchburg. LU just postponed CFAW for a week due to the weather coming this weekend.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Polar VorTexas is a bad mamma jamma. Temps warmed up here over night close to 30 and now we have had several hours of freezing rain putting a sheet of ice on everything.

I get it, no one feels sorry for Texans. But no matter where you live if you had temps in single digits without power for days on end you would be miserable too.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
In this instance, you guys get all of my sympathy. It is fun to make fun of Texas but this is some dangerous stuff people are dealing with.
Sly Fox liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 17th, 2021, 9:37 am In this instance, you guys get all of my sympathy. It is fun to make fun of Texas but this is some dangerous stuff people are dealing with.
This
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:28 pm But now the cold air is sweeping in. Thanks a lot @ATrain :lol:
And Delta found my luggage with the snow and ice - should be delivered sometime tonight/tomorrow/Friday
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]