This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'm still here :)

Not sure what will happen yet. A lot of disagreements between the models.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Wxrisk basically guaranteed snow yesterday afternoon, but walked it back last night.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Wxrisk basically guaranteed snow yesterday afternoon, but walked it back last night.
They probably had that reversed. Ha

I would be a big fan of some snow Thursday or Friday. A 'snow out' would be helpful for certain people in my house
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
People? Or a person? How many do you have living under your roof?! Nice way of skirting those VHSL transfer rules.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:People? Or a person? How many do you have living under your roof?! Nice way of skirting those VHSL transfer rules.
Ha. You are thinking of the coach at Gretna. Had 4 exchange students living with him in Apx. The one living under this roof just wants the snow so there will be a game delay so we can get our PG back!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
2-5 for Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We found out our PG was returning!!! Then found out we got the Snow Out
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:You are thinking of the coach at Gretna. Had 4 exchange students living with him in Apx.
There was actually a front page article about him with a huge picture in today's Lynchburg paper. Since he has an Army connection, I wonder if he and ballcoach hang out and swap war stories.

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/high_ ... 32859.html
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:You are thinking of the coach at Gretna. Had 4 exchange students living with him in Apx.
There was actually a front page article about him with a huge picture in today's Lynchburg paper. Since he has an Army connection, I wonder if he and ballcoach hang out and swap war stories.

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/high_ ... 32859.html
It might BE ballcoach
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've met ballcoach. He's white and probably in his 60s. Not the same guy. And he's a FB coach, not WBB.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I've met ballcoach. He's white and probably in his 60s. Not the same guy. And he's a FB coach, not WBB.
The article didn't state he had all 4 exchange students living with him in Apx. Sorta shady. He also told 2 of them to quit running track and 1 to quit playing VB or he'd send them back.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
We got just over 8 inches here in the Triad. What ended up falling in the Burg?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:We got just over 8 inches here in the Triad. What ended up falling in the Burg?
I think it varied. Out my way we had about 8-10 inches but parts of the City only got 4-6
By rhezick
Purple Haize wrote:
adam42381 wrote:We got just over 8 inches here in the Triad. What ended up falling in the Burg?
I think it varied. Out my way we had about 8-10 inches but parts of the City only got 4-6
Interesting I've always found it easy to find predictions, but never any after action report of how much actually fell. Anyone know a place that records the official totals?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Interesting I've always found it easy to find predictions, but never any after action report of how much actually fell. Anyone know a place that records the official totals?
http://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=rnk
By rhezick
Absolutely fascinating. Thank you for this. Total for Lynchburg was 5.9 inches. Also interesting is how much the year to year snowfall totals fluctuate (again for Lynchburg):

2016: 15.6 inches
2015: 22.9 inches
2014: 21.4 inches
2013: 13.0 inches
2012: 8.5 inches
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:Absolutely fascinating. Thank you for this. Total for Lynchburg was 5.9 inches. Also interesting is how much the year to year snowfall totals fluctuate (again for Lynchburg):

Having a hard time navigating. Any chance you could find past totals for Kernersville, NC (or Winston-Salem/Greensboro if that's not available)?
By rhezick
adam42381 wrote:
rhezick wrote:Absolutely fascinating. Thank you for this. Total for Lynchburg was 5.9 inches. Also interesting is how much the year to year snowfall totals fluctuate (again for Lynchburg):

Having a hard time navigating. Any chance you could find past totals for Kernersville, NC (or Winston-Salem/Greensboro if that's not available)?
Yea it took me a little bit to figure it out but basically the master page is here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/

You can actually click within a state to get your regional area which for you would be here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=rah

I'm assuming you'd be "piedmont-triad"

For the total for this month, just keep it on the defaults, select piedmont and hit today's date. You can see the ytd totals for 2017 (8 inches). It looks like your area doesn't have an option for an "annual climate report" which is how I got the yearly data for the lynchburg area. I'm sure it's there somewhere but not as easy to find I suppose.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:
adam42381 wrote:

Yea it took me a little bit to figure it out but basically the master page is here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/

You can actually click within a state to get your regional area which for you would be here:

http://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=rah

I'm assuming you'd be "piedmont-triad"

For the total for this month, just keep it on the defaults, select piedmont and hit today's date. You can see the ytd totals for 2017 (8 inches). It looks like your area doesn't have an option for an "annual climate report" which is how I got the yearly data for the lynchburg area. I'm sure it's there somewhere but not as easy to find I suppose.
Thank you.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
First snowfall of the season. Accuweather has ~25% chance of LESS than 4 inches and ~25% chance of MORE than 8 inches. My prediction? No Accumulation. lol
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We had a blizzard here in the Houston area last night but the ground was so warm that hardly any of it stuck. But on the backside of the front it is plenty cold now. Winter is coming.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:First snowfall of the season. Accuweather has ~25% chance of LESS than 4 inches and ~25% chance of MORE than 8 inches. My prediction? No Accumulation. lol
We have it sticking out here. Your predictions are about as solid as ballcoach’s Sources!
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:First snowfall of the season. Accuweather has ~25% chance of LESS than 4 inches and ~25% chance of MORE than 8 inches. My prediction? No Accumulation. lol
We have it sticking out here. Your predictions are about as solid as ballcoach’s Sources!
Well here on Rivermont, we have a solid .5".
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Well here on Rivermont, we have a solid .5 inches.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]