This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
BUMMMMMMMP. :D

This thread has always given me joy. Odds are at minimum we will get what we got with the last storm, but a much higher chance to get quite a bit more. For those who love geeking out with weather, I encourage you to support Jamey Singleton, he's one of the most accurate forecasters we have around here. I also like supporting him as a person, he's a good guy getting a 2nd chance at things.

His Patreon page is only $12 for the year and he provides you pretty much every model's run for you to see. I've learned more in the 2 weeks of following him than I have in 2 years doing it my way. It's like getting a Master Class in weather, pretty much like what reading Purple's posts on here is like. 8)

Link: https://www.patreon.com/jameysingleton/posts
socal_flame liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The local guys have had to jump on this and have been saying for days the the 20” are a little Over exaggerated. But it does appear we got something coming this way
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BUMP

86% chance of rain for kick of today's football game against UAB. :rainy Who is going anyway???
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm out. Just too much going on. Plus the US Open women's singles final comes on at 4.

This is UAB, a worthy opponent to be sure, but not VT or BYU.
Last edited by ATrain on September 10th, 2022, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Racenut
Registration Days Posts
12 hours drive last week, 2 1/2 today is a piece of cake. Anyone not showing up today should have posting privledges revoked. A little rain, man up! The wife and I are 64 and we're going. Waiting 9 months for the season to start and you're out brcause of a little rain and women's tennis? Fan Card revoked if you don't show!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Racenut wrote: September 10th, 2022, 9:45 am A little rain, man up!
That's what I'm talking about. Get a poncho and some rain boots and show up!
rtb72 liked this
By LU 57
4 tickets in section 105 and a parking pass. Complementary (except Racenut :D ), first come first serve. Send me a DM.
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote: September 10th, 2022, 8:11 am BUMP

86% chance of rain for kick of today's football game against UAB. :rainy Who is going anyway???
My 6 will be there! Monsoon wouldn't stop us......well....maybe a monsoon.....................but otherwise, we are in!
stokesjokes liked this
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 10th, 2022, 8:11 am BUMP

I went to the game. My wife and I take turns going with the older kids. I had this on my calendar since I first heard of the matchup. My wife was especially glad to send me.

However: I didn’t see this post until today ( Sunday, the day after) and FULLY expected a snow report. Shame on you Cider. 😂 :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: September 11th, 2022, 10:50 am
I went to the game. My wife and I take turns going with the older kids. I had this on my calendar since I first heard of the matchup. My wife was especially glad to send me.

However: I didn’t see this post until today ( Sunday, the day after) and FULLY expected a snow report. Shame on you Cider. 😂 :D
I figured this was mostly a weather thread, so I hoped RAIN :rainy would work, too. I was not as wet as I was in that infamous JMU game during the Rocco years, but the raining mist kept hitting me in the face last night. Thankfully, I brought multiple hand towels to keep my face and glasses dry.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What little rain there was, wasn't enough to keep real 🏈 fans away. I have been to far worse games when raining.
By Class of 20Something
I chose not to drag two kiddos (5 and 1) to sit in that for four hours and add on the two hour drive each way. The fan and dad in me fought and dad won. As he should.

Can't wait for WF!
ATrain liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
We bought season tickets for the first time this year AND it was my bday. Ponchos around town were sold out basically so rain jackets were all we had. At the beginning of the 4th quarter my daughter was convinced it had stopped raining and started snowing. To her credit, the mist/drizzle blowing in the wind in the lights looked a little like snow. Thank God we won...
BlueBlood, Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]