This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:If they got fingerprints, it woudl have to match somebody who has been fingerprinted before. It's something to try I guess.
I'm sure they'd certainly run it through NCIC /CLEAN, but the bottom line is- they keep it on record and if they narrow down the possible suspects, they can then look for a match from that group as well.
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
Wouldn't that be ironic? The kid wears a ski mask but no gloves.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
the kid isn't too smart...he took the mask off while leaving the bathroom....

but the witnesses are worse....why didn't any of these witnesses try to stop him?? or at the very east try to follow him to let the cops know where he went....
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:If they got fingerprints, it woudl have to match somebody who has been fingerprinted before. It's something to try I guess.
Just finger print anyone who looks remotly like this....if you got nothing to hide you should have no problem stopping something like this from happenening again. I highly doubt the kid wore gloves, so im sure they can get prints off that.
By Knucklehead
Registration Days Posts
The entire thing is TOTALLY bizarre. The Caution sign, the sizzors, the mask. This dude is not right. Did someone let the bomber kid loose from Docs funeral?

Even better, I wonder if is a traumatized Dorm 7 resident? :lol:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Rocketfan wrote:
Just finger print anyone who looks remotly like this....if you got nothing to hide you should have no problem stopping something like this from happenening again. I highly doubt the kid wore gloves, so im sure they can get prints off that.
Speaking as a guy who seemingly "fits the description of an assailant", I would say this is not a good idea :roll: :wink:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
kind of a follow up on this...and LUPD officer is going around with 3 guys and taking not where all the exits are at the different buildings on campus so they know the number of cameras they will need to install...the officer just asked if there was another exit here because he needed to know so they have the right amount of cameras...

so evidently they have decided to instal security cameras which I am sure is in relation to this
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:kind of a follow up on this...and LUPD officer is going around with 3 guys and taking not where all the exits are at the different buildings on campus so they know the number of cameras they will need to install...the officer just asked if there was another exit here because he needed to know so they have the right amount of cameras...

so evidently they have decided to instal security cameras which I am sure is in relation to this
We already have a bunch. They're just adding more. You'd be surprised what we have on camera around here.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know there are a lot on north campus...and I only know of a couple here on main....but who knows there could be more then I know of...probably there is
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I know there are a lot on north campus...and I only know of a couple here on main....but who knows there could be more then I know of...probably there is
Yeah, there aren't as many on Main. Some inside of some places that aren't necessarily for public observation but security. There are a lot more external cameras at CN because we inherited them from Ericsson. However, there have been a lot of additional cameras installed over there as well. With our network being as ubiquitous as it is, it's absolutely zero hassle to put in cameras just about anywhere. They're just expensive.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I know it's somethting that the LUPD has been wanting to do for a couple of years... Somebody hit my car in the Vines Parking lot last week and had there been a camera in the bottom the odds of catching the vechile would have been pretty good... Plus you you can catch somebody who is trying to steal out of the Vines..
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Yes we need to get all those people stealing uhhhhh

Liberty Tablecloths
Coolers
Ice
Accoutning Books
The white tables that are laying around

Also we could catch all those couples in the Vines..... dummies
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote: ... the odds of catching the vechile would have been pretty good...
hmmm

always wondered what the odds of catching a vechile were
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
givemethemic wrote: ... the odds of catching the vechile would have been pretty good...
hmmm

always wondered what the odds of catching a vechile were
About the same as catching a poedhiple.

"Hi, I'm Chris Hnason and welcome to another edition of 'To Catch A Pfjeoxfgvyewkfv'."
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:Yes we need to get all those people stealing uhhhhh

Liberty Tablecloths
Coolers
Ice
Accoutning Books

We also need to catch those people stealing Soda from the ROT, and random people's garden gnomes (Santa gnomes?)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If cameras were located in the DeMoss parking lot, they would pay for themselves in one day for catching all the LU students who park in faculty spots (I know you're on NC, Fumble, but can I get an "amen" from you over there)?
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If cameras were located in the DeMoss parking lot, they would pay for themselves in one day for catching all the LU students who park in faculty spots (I know you're on NC, Fumble, but can I get an "amen" from you over there)?
I'll give you an amen right now. Students have shown no regard for the faculty spaces outside of my office. For the past few weeks they've even been parking in the executive spots. Not cool.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
when have students ever shown regard for said spots??? just curious
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:when have students ever shown regard for said spots??? just curious
Never...just go to Hancock and you'll see them parked in silver diamonds all the time. Though I would venture to say that a majority of students do follow the parking regulations, but there is a large percentage that don't.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
thepostman wrote:when have students ever shown regard for said spots??? just curious
Never...just go to Hancock and you'll see them parked in silver diamonds all the time. Though I would venture to say that a majority of students do follow the parking regulations, but there is a large percentage that don't.
That's only because the EVP's office moved out of the mansion. When Godwin was up there, if you were in a silver diamond (especially his), you wouldn't be going anywhere. He would park his car behind yours and walk away. It also helps that the Chancellor's office recently moved out.

When I was in school there were only a very few executive spots on campus and they were almost all for Dr. Falwell. There are quite a few more now, but I've noticed that students only seem to park in the regular executive spots and not the VP spots. Come next semester that's going to change.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
out of curiosity why is that going to change next semester???
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:
Schfourteenteen wrote:Yes we need to get all those people stealing uhhhhh

Liberty Tablecloths
Coolers
Ice
Accoutning Books

We also need to catch those people stealing Soda from the ROT, and random people's garden gnomes (Santa gnomes?)
Santa gnomes were left, and they have camera in the rot do Jdhymi tries to catch me with milkshakes or soda or cereal or milk or other stuff. Me alot Jdhymi 0
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Come next semester that's going to change.
Scorcho is making a Super- and Sly-like prediction. :fineprint
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Come next semester that's going to change.
Scorcho is making a Super- and Sly-like prediction. :fineprint
Actually I was just saying that to set myself up so that I could say...

It's going to change because if dummies don't quit parking in the spaces designated for me and making me walk from the spaces designated for them, they're going to start finding themselves with a lot of flat tires. :fight That way, since they like the executive/staff spots so much, they can park there for even longer than they thought they'd get to!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]