This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
man these are stories I have never heard in my 4 years at LU
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
bomb shelters under the resort in Wintergreen, WV.
Wintergreen is in Nelson County, VA; you are confusing it with the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher Springs, WV. :dontgetit
You didn't know they switched the resorts? You have to keep up with these things. They had a hard time moving those tunnels, but once they got them on the trucks, it was a breeze. In fact they moved them so Jerry and family could get there quicker. :D
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
RagingTireFire wrote:Wow. After all these years, the "pipes" story is still getting play. The last I heard, the Warpigs couldn't use them anymore b/c they were full of giant black widow spiders.
ah, u know about the warpigs too? lol...

u must be old school.

from what i understand, they kept things pretty exciting up there at night...

and yes, the old nuke shelter was at the greenbrier in WV. but im sure it had been given up as far as actual use before the story broke about it.

as far as towns that dont exist, there is one in VA. its called "valleyville"
check it out here: http://www.retroweb.com/lynchburg/attractions/main.html
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
please tell me that you are joking with that site.

edit: ha, that's the first time I've ever read the emails at the bottom that he's posted. I don't know how some people make it all the way through life.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yes, the website is a joke, but it makes for some funny reading.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
I'd really like to hear more about "Billy Boy, The Incontinent Indigent of Southport Mall".
By matshark
Registration Days Posts
as far as the troll of Dreaming Creek, i grew up on Dreaming Creek (the rd., not the creek...lol) never seen or heard of the troll until that website, and i lived 1/4 mile from the actual creek for like 12 years...

but there is a cool story about how the creek got its name :D

oh, and i HAVE seen the kool-aid car...lol (just not sure how all that sugar doesnt destroy his engine...)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 11:06 am I apparently used to be ballcoach. Lord have mercy that's embarrassing. I don't even recognize that moron from 15 years ago :oops:
The difference is, you grew in wisdom and maturity, as we all should do going through life.
badger74 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I mean if I didn't look back at myself 14 years ago as someone who still had so much to learn then something would be wrong. I sure hope 14 years from now I will think the same thing about my current self. So...sure?
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:00 pm I mean if I didn't look back at myself 14 years ago as someone who still had so much to learn then something would be wrong. I sure hope 14 years from now I will think the same thing about my current self. So...sure?
:) :D :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]