This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
A female student reported that she’d been stabbed on the hand by a masked man in DeMoss Hall tonight at approximately 6:30PM. The student was unable to determine the race or nationality of her attacker. The police are searching for the assailant.

Students should exercise caution until the culprit is apprehended. In particular, students should avoid being alone on campus at night.
From LUPD.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Yes, this took place or at least word spread around 20 minutes before tip off tonite
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I didn't find out til TBGBGBGBG got a phone call after the game saying they were going to shut campus down. That's when you called me HMO. It's crazy how rumors spread.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Surprised something like this would happen...I've always felt safe on campus, even walking back to my dorm from the c-lab at 2/3 in the morning sometimes.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:
A female student reported that she’d been stabbed on the hand by a masked man in DeMoss Hall tonight at approximately 6:30PM. The student was unable to determine the race or nationality of her attacker. The police are searching for the assailant.

Students should exercise caution until the culprit is apprehended. In particular, students should avoid being alone on campus at night.
From LUPD.
1. "stabbed on the hand" :dontgetit

2. no one noticed someone in a mask running around the MAIN academic building at 6:30 in the evening?

very odd. (the whole situation)

hope you guys advise the females in your lives to ALWAYS use caution these days, on AND off campus.
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1107/476011.html

From the local ABC station:
Lynchburg, VA - Liberty University's police force is on alert, looking for the man who stabbed a student in the hand in a woman's bathroom there. And that man could still be on campus. it happened at DeMoss Hall.

We're told the victim needed several stitches and she's said to be extremely shaken up. Liberty's Dr. Ron Godwin says right around 6:30 Tuesday night, a man wearing a winter coat with a hood and a ski mask followed her into a woman's bathroom. She reacted defensively, screamed, and raised her hands in defense. That's when she came into contact with the knife.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was in the dining hall eating with some friends when it happened. I didn't find out about it until I checked the splash page after I got back from the basketball game
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks RTF

that makes a bit more sense.

10k (+) people, unfortunately these incidents will occur from time to time.

sorry to hear it, though
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Someone on Facebook was saying how they're creeped out that it took until almost 9pm for an e-mail to be sent out to students.

I understand where they're coming from, but from everything I've read and heard, it seems as though this girl was targeted and not just randomly attacked. If it had been some random thing, I think that LUPD would've been much quicker with getting the word out.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
1. "stabbed on the hand" :dontgetit

2. no one noticed someone in a mask running around the MAIN academic building at 6:30 in the evening?

very odd. (the whole situation)

hope you guys advise the females in your lives to ALWAYS use caution these days, on AND off campus.
She tried to block his arm and got the knife

I was in DeMoss at 630, no sign of a masked dude, I was too busy tossing dough
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
its early and i read the thread title as "naked man stabs girl"
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:from the lynchburg fishwrap:
Stabbing stuns Liberty
By Dave Thompson
dthompson@newsadvance.com
November 28, 2007

Police are searching for a male suspect who attacked a female student in a campus restroom Tuesday evening, according to Liberty’s executive vice president Dr. Ron Godwin.
http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Sate ... 0661&path=
Love that the peanut gallery is already right on top of things with their comments on that article.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
There weren't any comments that I saw.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:There weren't any comments that I saw.
Deleted since I posted that. Interesting.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
there are three comments on the news and advance site about this......nothing THAT negetive................yet
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I was about to say, that website is a huge turd bucket so sometimes stuff won't load and other times it will.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
My wife actually told me of this. And every time I've ever been in Demoss around 6 or 7 there are very few people there.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
3 comments so far: 1 blasting our lack of adequate counseling services, 1 blasting Ron Godwin and overall security, and 1 current student who actually ATTENDS the school complimenting LUPD
Reader's Reaction

Posted on 11/28 at 07:24 AM
too bad the student won't be able to receive counseling from trained counselors on campus since the counseling center has been shut down. Pastoral counseling isn't always what is needed!
mary

Posted on 11/28 at 07:21 AM
I'm a female student at Liberty University. I was on campus, actually about to leave, when this occurred. At around 6:10pm the Liberty Police Department came speeding up the road, lights flashing, heading to DeMoss Hall. I put the connection together later when I got home and read an e-mail from LUPD about the stabbing. I have to comment that LUPD was on top of their game. They were able to make it on the scene fairly quickly, which is something every student may take comfort in knowing.

ambitiongirl
Posted on 11/28 at 06:27 AM
Liberty has known for years that there safety is not adequate. There's been other cases of assaults on campus and rather than putting more lights up, cameras, etc. they build new entertainment and recreation. This needs to stop and the students need to speak up. It's not fair that another girl got hurt because LU officials, Ron Godwin specifically, ignored the warnings given by other students.
kris
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Question: Dont we have a new alert system? Wouldnt this be a reason to use it? I understand there was a basketball game going on but (judging by the crowd) there werent 1/6 of the total student body there so they were somewhere either on or around campus...
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:3 comments so far...
The ones on the WSET article are really fun.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
oh, delightful :roll:

more slams on Ron Godwin, complete w/ insinuations that he is involved with a cult or something.

oh- and the old "admin hates the students and doesn't care if bad things happen to them"

Man, I hate know-it-all, whiny teenagers.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Man, I hate know-it-all, whiny teenagers.
You and me both.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]