This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By krh44
Registration Days Posts
I have done something to my computer where I can't change the resolution and the color quality is on Low (8 Bit). When I go into properties it will not let me change it. Any recommendations?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm no expert. PM SCORCHO and he can probably walk you thru it. If your computer has different profiles you may be in a "guest" or "user" mode , and may not have permission to make system settings. You would need to log out and log back in as an admin.

Also, the LOCATION of some of those settings changes depending on the software platform you are using- though most people are on Windows XP Home or Professional, a lot of older computers are still running Windows 2000, Millenium or- less likely- Windows NT or some sort of network application.

If you are running XP, try right clicking on an open spot on your desktop, select "properties", than when the next dialog box opens, select "settings", than the color quality box.

Hope that's some help.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I'd take it to the top of a very tall building and throw it off.

But that my not help.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That sounds like an old Windows 98 issue. I had the same problems back in the day after I was overrun by Spyware. I was able to get rid of the spyware but I never could get the Windows to operate our of Safe Mode. Now I simply use that machine to run my scanner that isn't compatible for some reason with my newer machine.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
If its Windows 98...you could try reloading your video driver??
LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/05/01/new-cham[…]

Virginia Tech

We had 9 LOB

Volleyball Coach

Greg Mosely is a LU alum and is currently the coac[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantle[…]