This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for input. I'll have to do more homework. I know there are some aspects of criminal law that I wouldn't like ("Cold Case" holds my interest but the injustice of the crime keeps bothering me quite a while after; I really like how FBI cases are handled on "Numbers" but I'm not meant to be a mathmetician- though accounting has entered my thought but would be boring.) I'd have to find out all the aspects - wouldn't want to represent a serial killer, for instance.

BTW LUconn, I'm a Husky fan but need to work on the rabid part; my husband would qualify-had to remind him not to wake kids with reactions to game tonight. UCONN losing to Wash. then went into overtime (82pts....) onto a 98-92 win!!!!
PS He has a friend that started in real estate; she's selling our condo. He said ya have to work butt off for broker for 5 yrs.... :?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you are not sure whether law school is for you, perhaps it may not be. It will require a ton of time invested in not only getting your degree but also interning in order to get licensed to practice. My wife has also given it a great deal of thought but chose not to in order to begin to develop some entrepreneurial concepts. But if you are willing to make the time sacrifices, law certainly has its benefits. Just keep in mind that lawyers are like doctors, they don't make a penny unless they are working.
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Sly. Good points.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I'm looking for 2 good IT people that are willing to relocates to our Dallas office. This is a ground floor opportunity with endless opportunities for advancements. If interested - please contact me at josh@prototypeadvertising.com. Full Job Discription below:

Job Description
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Manager, Technical Services

JOB SUMMARY
The System Technician is responsible for maintaining system servers, including hardware, software, operating system, and applications. The Systems Technician must have a thorough understanding of client operating systems such as Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP. He/she is also responsible print queue management, Exchange administration, Citrix/terminal server administration, application monitoring tools, PC/laptop image creation, and infrastructure documentation. The System Technician is also responsible for providing support to the Customer Service Team to include answering questions and resolving issues. This individual must follow established security and privacy procedures and policies at all times and maintain confidentiality of employee/customer data and healthcare information.

QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least 3 to 5 years experience working in enterprise level environment.
• MCSE preferred.
• CCNA preferred.
• Able to read reference materials and obtain information. Prepares letters and/or reports, following policies and procedures. Able to operate various standard office machines.

Physical requirements:
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.

Mental requirements:
• Has authority which is limited to the direction of temporary workers or interns.
• Decisions/impact are normally limited to my position.
• Work is complex and varied and requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Problems are not easy to identify, but are similar to those seen before. Moderate analytic ability needed to gather and interpret data where results/answers are found after analysis of several facts.
• Ongoing supervision is provided on an “as needed” basis. Some independent judgment is necessary to select and apply the most appropriate of available procedures.
• Problems are not easy to identify, but are similar to those seen before. Solving them requires judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results, or coordinating with others. Solutions can often be found by using methods chosen before in similar situations.
• Work requires improving methods or procedures affecting delivery of service to selected customers or the completion of small projects.
• Serves as a project team member working to achieve defined goals. Work is typical in nature with very few situations requiring new solutions.
• Requires regular contact within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking

DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Essential:
• information on specialized matters.
• External communication with others is frequent. Requires ordinary tact and courtesy.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prototype IT standards.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
• Comply at all times with Prototype IT standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Perform daily network administration (coding users, assigning rights, etc.).
• Troubleshoot Windows NT 4.0 and 2000/2003 Servers including hardware and software.
• Install, upgrade and/or configure servers.
• Assist other team members with implementation of various projects.
• Directly contact end users/outside customer to resolve issues.
• Provide second level technical support to Customer Service.
• Assist Customer Service with user connectivity issues to terminal server.
• Troubleshoot connectivity problems.
• Administer new terminal server/Citrix users through user manager. Where applicable.
• Administer current terminal server users accounts. Where applicable.
• Create technical documentation on processes used to create and install images.
• Administer all aspects of intranet web servers.
• Install/update software and service packs.
• Maintain all PC and laptop images on the network and on CD-ROM.
• Document software and hardware installation.
• Deploy new products/software/documents.
• Monitor server availability/performance.
• Perform all necessary cable/hardware configuration and server assembly.

Marginal:
• Re-educate on new technology to keep abreast of new developments.
• Maintain software library.
• Update older PC images to bring software up-to-date.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.

I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE JOB DESCRIPTION AS STATED ABOVE AND ACCEPT THAT ANY OF THE TASKS MAY BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED. I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR KNOWING THE MODIFICATIONS AND / OR CHANGES IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION. I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB AS LISTED ABOVE, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.

Revised March-06
Prototype IT

If Interested in Applying for this position, qualified canidates contact Josh Oppenheimer at 434-846-2333.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

NFL’s trading rules, salary cap, and profit[…]

Prayers please

So this Saturday, we're going to be signing the co[…]

Volleyball Coach

"hitting coach" , I've heard that term […]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/05/01/new-cham[…]