This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
What is everyones thoughts on Soulforce(the group arguing for more gay rights on college campuses throughout the country). They made a stop at liberty last year and i think 12 were arrested? Anyways, they are planning on coming back this year, just wondering what people think.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think this has been overplayed and hopefully they don't get any attention this time. Can't they find someone else to leach off of for another 15 seconds?
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
well i only care because a kid who was in my youth group in california got kicked out of APU a few months ago for being homosexual. He found out I go to the worlds most evil and brainwashing school founded by the devil himself, and even worse that I am on the debate team and he has taken it upon himself to try and convince me how evil i am for going to liberty. Im trying to be kind and courteous and i have already told him why every claim soulfource has made about liberty is completely untrue with evidence from the liberty way and told him that if he continues to attempt to tarnish the school I love and a Man I admire and respect that when they try to enter campus property i will be right there with LUPD
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have analogy we use in coaching executives how to be influential in the communication. We tell them everyone they speak to falls into one of three classes.

10% agree with everything you say
10% disagree with everything you say
80% can be influenced by your speech

Don't waste your time focusing on either of the first two because your area of greatest influence is the 80% in between the two. Jut some food for thought.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Mel White lost my complete respect when he came to discuss things with Dr Caner in the Cults and Sects class I took this past semester....he pointed his finger at all of us saying, "its you all that i blame for all the suicide letters and funeral of gay and lesbians i have to preside over every year, I point my finger at you!"

before i just let them off...they didn't mean any harm, whatever....then I witnessed this and realized Mel White is just bitter and angry at a few people that he feels treated him wrong and now it is his mission to lump all of us into one category...i hate when people do that more then anything....
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
oh believe me, i win my debates by taking whatever the other team says and asking the right questions to get them to say what I need them to say, and I make most of my arguments off of what they say. This kid makes one slip of what he says and he will be humiliated(not to try and sound cocky). Im also trying to be extremely nice but as soon as he personally attacks liberty or Falwell im done being nice.
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
what i hate the most is that basically what they are doing is saying to the world " we dont have more rights than straight people so were going to cram homosexuality down your throat(which believe me if i could think of something else to say, i would. cramming homosexuality and down your throat should not go together.)"
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I thinks Super Jon will be busy whenever they plan to come back
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Look at your hair, and you're telling me that I'll be busy? You and GMTM might be right up there with em.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I thought gays kept their hair short and sweet...geez guess it's time for me to change it up again
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
HMO You once again state your obvious ignorance about this topic. It is now chic for our hair to be highlighted and spikey throughout. Having a real short hair cut is out of style. Haven't you ever watched, Gay, Straight or Taken?
As for Mel White, I always have a problem when people try to build their name off of tearing someone else. Sort of my problem with the Democrats at the moment, but I digress. Mel's only claim to fame is he "outed" Jerry by saying he authored Jerry's AUTO biography. Big Whooop. As if the good Reverand has never embellished the truth. It would be nice to be left to live each ones own life. Sure I was out there last time but that was just hoping to get on TV. (And maybe hoping for a few days in prison).
Mel does make a point but goes overboard. Many who are homosexuals DO feel persecuted, and Jerry's comments don't help. I do not blame LU students for the suicide of others, each one is responsible for their own actions. What is harmful, to everyone, is the FAG'S MUST DIE crowd, of which LU has more than its fair share. QKS, it sounds like your friend is a little bitter and who can blame him. I would encourage you to just "love" on him (NOT that way, just be his friend) Let HIM know you aren't going to go anywhere even though he feels God etc has left him. In these types of situations, it is easy for the "injured" party to lash out at any and everyone so be prepared.
Debates won't change lifestyles. We are who we are and who we chose to be. I have never understood why, in evangelical circles, the homosexuals are the ones painted with the scarlet letter while those involved in other "sins" , lying cheating, pride, over eating, get a pass. While there may be differences about the Biblical interpretation in regards to homosexuality, I am STILL searching for the chapter in the Bible (Septuigent, Apochropha, etc) that lists the sins in their order of offensiveness to the Almighty. The Catholics had a good start with their "7" but they had a lot of time to come up with it too!!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Brokeback Flamer wrote: of which LU has more than its fair share.
Yes and no.

I met a lot of people over my 4 years and not one of them felt this way or even had an inkling of this attitude. So I would be surprised if there were more than a few at the entire school. Now on the other hand, even a few is more than our fair share since our share should idealy be 0.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Well there are "wacko's" everywhere you go. I will say IMO that LU is not as bad as appeared. But the "Divine Leader" does nothing to help his cause when he LOVEs to utter the phrase "The gays.............."
BTW, GREAT mustache. Maybe next time we are around you me and PA could compare
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
brokeback you are priceless!! welcome back!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
SJ, I like having my short and spiked, sorry if you feel uncomfortable when I POP my colla and wear pink shirts too... But I think you have accepted it...
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:SJ, I like having my short and spiked, sorry if you feel uncomfortable when I POP my colla and wear pink shirts too... But I think you have accepted it...
I think it's more sympathetic embarassment than anything else. Kind of like when you see someone else's toddler running around with a full diaper. :wink:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:SJ, I like having my short and spiked, sorry if you feel uncomfortable when I POP my colla and wear pink shirts too... But I think you have accepted it...
You don't know all the crap that was said about you and your popped "colla" last night at the basketball game. Most of it we said again to your face, but while you were playing Mr. Big Shot by the tunnel, the rest of us were making fun of your "colla."
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
let me clarify that by debate, im not debating him about his lifestyle, its none of my business. I know I have no right to say if its right or wrong, or whether its natural or a choice, because i have no idea, im not gay, I couldnt tell you, and because i cant tell you im not going to preten that i can. I believe its between a man/woman and God, and the rest of us need to deal with ourselves. But what I meant by debating with him is the remarks he as well as soulforce have made(him calling jerry the devil, soulforce saying that students at liberty have absolutely no freedom.) I told him that the debate team this year alone has had debates come down to gay rights, and we have had to say there needs to be MORE gay rights, and we have won those debates, and none of us have been kicked out of school. That right there throws out there entire need to come here. And im not sure if i said this cuz it was yesterday, but if i said that when he gets hateful to me is when i will be right by LUPD stopping them from coming in, i mean I will be there with an entire printed out copy of the Liberty Way asking where it says Homosexuals are not allowed at liberty. another thing i pointed out to him is that the ONLY thing it says is they may not partake in homosexual activities(kissing, etc.) he said thats discrimination, and i said it absolutely is not because anyone who knows ANYTHING about liberty knows heterosexuals can not do that either.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I really felt like Dwight was talking to me just now.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
You don't know all the crap that was said about you and your popped "colla" last night at the basketball game. Most of it we said again to your face, but while you were playing Mr. Big Shot by the tunnel, the rest of us were making fun of your "colla."
I've always felt guys did that to make up for their lack of personality...but then again GMTM has enough personalities to share
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
no because the real dwight wouldnt have said that, did anyone watch office last week? I was dying when he went to console pam and he started taking off his jcket like he was going to give it to her and instead he tied it around his waist like a little kid haha
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
"So youre PMSing really bad, huh?"
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts

That's what I have to say about The Office.
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
Wow, popped collars and dyed spikey hair. And people say I am a walking stereo type!!!

QKCVSLEIVERUEOIN (Or however you spell your screen name) Your debate on debate arguments sort of ring hollow to me. WHat it sounds like it that you only make these points b/c you were assigned them on a debate team. And since you won that argument you ARE sensitive to gay rights. And since it is the LU debate team that makes LU sensitive to gay rights. The bottom line is this: If you are pregnant at LU or you get a girl pregnant at LU chances are you will be able to stay. If you are gay, or come out, you have ZERO chance of staying. So I guess there is a double standard.
Now the REAL delima would be if an ATHLETE came out as gay. What would they do then??? They have already let athletes stay that father/mother a child out of wedlock. Hmmmmmmmm. (OK that probably stirred someone up LOL)
Volleyball Coach

Pinder is down in Wilmington, NC. Owns a couple of[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/04/26/liberty-un[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Going to play for old HCHF OL coach Klenakis and J[…]

Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would like […]