This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Whatisthetruth
Crime stats were deliberately omitted and covered up. It was directed by the President's office and carried out by HR and LUPD. Others were involved though inaction, as a willing participant, or covering for those doing the dirty work.

This is why the DOE hammered LU - it was unofficial university policy. It sounds like a Hollywood movie - HR VP orders computers wiped as the feds are walking in the door.

How anyone can defend the LU executive leadership, or BOT, and believe the propaganda they are shoveling is beyond me.
ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Reading the University's statement, they still cannot help themselves and want to claim victimhood in this. Is "How Not to Take Accountability 101" a required course?
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 6th, 2024, 9:36 am Reading the University's statement, they still cannot help themselves and want to claim victimhood in this. Is "How Not to Take Accountability 101" a required course?
We see a member off this board immediately cloak themselves in victimhood. It shouldn’t be surprising
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
EVERY member of the BOT was complicit in this situation and just yes men/women to Jr. They should all be replaced ASAP.
ATrain liked this
By cruzan_flame13
flameshaw wrote: March 6th, 2024, 10:15 am EVERY member of the BOT was complicit in this situation and just yes men/women to Jr. They should all be replaced ASAP.
Unfortunately that's not going to happen when they're all in know and continue playing victim. The only way to replace all of then is if the destruction happens from within the board.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I really don't care about the board. But, I must ask, what involvement would they have with under-reporting or dismissing claims/complaints/incidents?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: March 6th, 2024, 4:05 pm I really don't care about the board. But, I must ask, what involvement would they have with under-reporting or dismissing claims/complaints/incidents?
I would think, most anything could be "hid" from the board, if the desire was there.
By Whatisthetruth
A number of BOT members were told by staff over the years and did nothing. The few BOT members that questioned what was going on were either removed from the board or resigned out of frustration.

LU is not the victim.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It only takes a little investigation to find out who the Director was and who the FB player was
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 8th, 2024, 8:52 pm It only takes a little investigation to find out who the Director was and who the FB player was
By investigation, do you mean Googling "LU football player charged with stalking?"
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm a nobody in the LU community yet somehow I knew most of what was going on before it was public. Not the extent but enough to know changes needed to be made. I'm not on the board. I don't have any "sources" or connections but somehow I knew. How in the world did the board not?? I know I've asked that many times but I just will never understand.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: March 8th, 2024, 9:51 pm
Purple Haize wrote: March 8th, 2024, 8:52 pm It only takes a little investigation to find out who the Director was and who the FB player was
By investigation, do you mean Googling "LU football player charged with stalking?"
Personally I’d be more interested in the Director who is still employed and promoted by the UNiversity
ATrain liked this
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 9th, 2024, 12:40 pm
ATrain wrote: March 8th, 2024, 9:51 pm
Personally I’d be more interested in the Director who is still employed and promoted by the UNiversity
I mean, like, it's on the website.
https://www.liberty.edu/students/health-wellness/
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]