This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Whatisthetruth
k9saber wrote: October 26th, 2023, 3:07 pm
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 26th, 2023, 11:46 am I have serious questions about the lone Falwell still standing. At this point, he's at the top of both of the main organizations that his father created. His brother clearly used the "Christian" moniker as a tool to gain influence and grow his profile while he was in control of LU. Sure, he did some good things while he was there, but given a choice between LU's reputation as a center for Christian higher learning or a healthy balance sheet and pretty buildings, I'd choose the former every time. As Solomon wrote, "A good name is to be chosen rather than riches." Right now, the university and by extension everything else connected to the Falwell's are being dragged through the mud. Either come out forcefully and address the issues or get the h*** out of the way and let someone else do it.

Maybe this is happening without me knowing it, and if so, I support it. Personally speaking, if it were me in those shoes right now there would be some righteous anger happening. Some tables need to be flipped over and some individuals need to be tossed out. Only then will the damage being done to the 99% of the people that are doing good work be stopped.
Solid wisdom. if the "lone Falwell" called a presser right now and stated:

"We have gotten some serious matters wrong for a long time that has resulted in a lot of trauma for a lot of people. For years we operated in a way that seemed right to us - but it wasn't right. I am publicly apologizing for the years of malfeasance and wrongdoing at a place that invokes the name of Jesus Christ; He hasn't failed, we have failed. Moving forward, we accept responsibility for our willful actions and we will become a model of a higher ed institution that seeks to do the right thing - as we continue to honor the Name of Christ. We have dishonored Him for far too long."

These statements would turn the secular world on its head - and communicate a powerful message of righteous accountability.

Now - back to reality.
I concur. The LU leadership acts like the only crime/sin is that of 'leaking evidence of wrong doing to the outside world", and the only criminals/sinners are the 'leakers'. LU leaders know the evidence is there, they know these things happened, they know it happened on their watch and by people still on staff, and they cannot debate the facts. Therefore, they attack those trying to right the ship. Case in point -

k9saber, ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With liberals in charge in Washington, everyone should know they're going after Christian schools, whether the facts are, "right, wrong or indifferent"
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: October 26th, 2023, 11:46 am I have serious questions about the lone Falwell still standing. At this point, he's at the top of both of the main organizations that his father created.
Yeah, I know a lot of people on here hold Jonathan with high regard. I don't. He has gained personally from the school just as all the others have.

I know Senior did it, but as the head pastor of a super-busy megachurch, I don't see how he could possibly be an effective "spiritual leader" of the school, anyway. I feel like his official role at the school should go as far as the bylaws require (TRBC board oversight), but end there.
By k9saber
ballcoach15 wrote: October 26th, 2023, 3:38 pm With liberals in charge in Washington, everyone should know they're going after Christian schools, whether the facts are, "right, wrong or indifferent"
What was the political affiliation of the crime/rape/sexual victims at Liberty University?

What was the political affiliation of the former employees who tried to stand for truth and were blackballed & shut out?

Is political affiliation connected to the personal & emotional trauma that so many have experienced - and what does it have to do with right vs. wrong?

You like to spout Twitteresque responses with zero substance - but lets drill down deeper - you lack empathy & compassion for others.
thepostman, ATrain, Baybird liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It doesn’t matter what their political affiliations were. The only thing that matters is whether they can validate their claims. Did they? All the emotional schlock is meaningless.
LUOrange liked this
By k9saber
paradox wrote: October 26th, 2023, 5:02 pm It doesn’t matter what their political affiliations were. The only thing that matters is whether they can validate their claims. Did they? All the emotional schlock is meaningless.
"It doesn’t matter what their political affiliations were." Precisely - just as it doesn't matter who's in DC.

"All the emotional schlock is meaningless." Amazed at your hard hearted comment. The mental health issues that have been created from these events can never be measured - along with the overwhelming disillusionment towards true Christianity. When one starts pointing towards the immeasurable value & worth of people's lives, directly created in the image of God - its amazing how callous others can be.
ATrain liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Emotional schlock refers to all the finger-pointing long-winded posters on here. Trendy out-of-control social justice rants, safely hiding behind a keyboard . Fun, but it’s gotta get exhausting.
Last edited by paradox on October 27th, 2023, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
LUOrange liked this
By k9saber
paradox wrote: October 26th, 2023, 5:37 pm Emotional schlock refers to you and all the other finger-pointing long-winded posters on here. Out-of-control keyboard warrior- style ranting. Fun, but it’s gotta get exhausting.
It's never exhausting pursuing the path of integrity, professionally & personally - and defending those whose voices are drowned out by those who have agendas. I would be honored to meet you in person for coffee, if you're willing? You name the logistics & location - my convictions toward the value of others far exceeds a keyboard, because my worldview is rooted deeply in Christ.
ATrain, Baybird, LUOrange liked this
By k9saber
paradox wrote: October 26th, 2023, 6:21 pm Love to. But I'm seeing someone.
The offer has no expiration date, sir - just in case you ever decide to leave your keyboard and step into the real world.
ATrain liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
All kidding aside, I would just caution against becoming so consumed and so certain in crusading against perceived injustices, that in your enthusiasm, you deprive yourself of understanding, losing clear-vision, and reduced to the very fanatic that you claim to despise. It's easy to get lost in this world. Hopefully, not you, or any other poster here.
LUOrange liked this
By k9saber
paradox wrote: October 26th, 2023, 7:59 pm All kidding aside, I would just caution against becoming so consumed and so certain in crusading against perceived injustices, that in your enthusiasm, you deprive yourself of understanding, losing clear-vision, and reduced to the very fanatic that you claim to despise. It's easy to get lost in this world. Hopefully, not you, or any other poster here.
I appreciate your flashing caution light. After 30 years in Virginia law enforcement, I can assure you I'm not on a crusade, lost my clear vision - nor have I taken on fanatic status. Just the opposite; we have laws that protect people - from other people hurting them. I've seen every harm imaginable to people - that harm creates a massive ripple & trauma effect. Everyone here at SOR is a person, a commonality that we all possess - why do some push back against these truths? Caste systems destroy & hurt those people who get in their way.

The situational ethics smoke is so thick here at times it seems we have forgotten that investigations are conducted to determine that crimes have been committed - and there are consequences attached to those actions. I'll bow out from our correspondence, sir - thanks for the dialogue and your experienced based wisdom.

The coffee offer still stands.
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
$14 million is just a slap on the wrist considering the assets and resources the university has
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
As far as our ability to pay, sure. Considering it’s more than three times the previous highest fine, it’s a pretty big statement.
By Whatisthetruth
Costin claims it 'is a new day' but yet the same bad actors are still employed. Many on the senior leadership team, and some BOT, were told, they knew, and they did nothing. In some cases they destroyed evidence.

When is the house cleaning??
ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The liberal DOE going after a Christian university.

But if LU didn't report "something", what was the reason why ?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Liberty has marketed itself as the "safest" university. Reporting these things impacts their ability to market themselves that way by providing statistics that may be counter to how the school wants to market itself.
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Not exactly the best look....
20240305_192219.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ATrain liked this
By k9saber
Congratulations to the following LU “leadership.”

• Marcus Tinsley
• Richard Hinkley
• Ronald Sloan
• Steve Foster

You've impacted many lives during your tenure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 5th, 2024, 8:23 pm The liberal DOE going after a Christian university.

But if LU didn't report "something", what was the reason why ?
That can’t be a serious question
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]