This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Whatisthetruth
Costin needs to start firing people!

“senior officials in HR sought the assistance of IT staff to wipe certain computer hard drives on April 26, 2022, the very week that the review team first visited the campus.”

The erased hard drives allegedly belonged to current and former leaders of the school’s human resources department. The purges occurred just hours after the Education Department investigators interviewed leaders of that office, according to the report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... clery-act/
ATrain liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
The report cites a numbered Liberty University Police Department incident report that the school did not enter into the daily crime log: “an alleged rape that was committed by a former Liberty President.” It does not specify which former president or whether the school ever investigated the claim. The agency’s review focused on whether allegations were reported, not whether they could be substantiated.
Uh oh
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 1:36 pm
The report cites a numbered Liberty University Police Department incident report that the school did not enter into the daily crime log: “an alleged rape that was committed by a former Liberty President.” It does not specify which former president or whether the school ever investigated the claim. The agency’s review focused on whether allegations were reported, not whether they could be substantiated.
Uh oh
Jerry Jr. denied it, and Dr. Borek didn't comment.
By k9saber
Marcus Tinsley
Ron Sloan
Richard Hinkley

These matters all occurred during their tenure.

Still employed.
Still in “leadership” positions of LUPD & Campus Safety.

Exhibit A: Vicarious liability
LUAlum1215 liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Costin's one comment in the article was very underwhelming. He needs to come out in a forceful and public way to right this ship and get the university heading in the right direction. It is time for accountability and public firings if anyone even close to these occurrences are still employed by the university in any fashion. This kind of BS (sorry it is what it is) is going to STAIN the university for a very long time. If it were me, I'd call all Senior leadership into a room and flip tables and go nuts like Jesus did in the temple. There needs to be a day of reckoning.
k9saber, ATrain liked this
By Whatisthetruth
Humble - I wonder if Costin will address the hush money paid to Borek's accuser, and why he is still on the BOT?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I am not sure that going into the public confessional booth, is the answer. It will not undo anything that has been done and will only give our minions of enemies more ammo to send our way.
I guess what I am saying, is that significant punishment and immediate discharge from LU employment, could be taken care of "in the locker room"
If this is done successfully and some trust is built within the current leadership, it may be the best. (Not adamant about this). Part of me says that we should bring things out in the open and deal with them accordingly. The other part of me says what other university or corporate entity, goes around spreading their shortcomings/failures in the public forum? Most try to hide it.
I realize the LU is a different animal, in many ways. However IF things can be effectively handled within the university, maybe with some third party over site, that would be the best way to handle it.
Finally, all of those who are known violators of over-looking the past dictators actions and those who are still around, who have abused their authority for self-gain, should de immediately removed. That would result in a new board and MAYBE a new start for the university.
LUOrange, k9saber, LUAlum1215 and 1 others liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
The problem is the DOE report will be public and the MSM will pick that up and run with it. Pretending as though there is cover in the dark, behind closed doors, is the wrong way to do this. If I'm the parent of a current or future student, I'm considering pulling my kid from the school if this isn't handled. LU is always going to have its' enemies and detractors, but something like this might hit your base of support. Those are the people you are targeting by doing this in an open manner. Anyone remotely close, you bring them into a room and you let them go once they have signed an NDA. Then you control your own story without interference and you announce that after a lengthy internal investigation you have terminated the employment of those individuals whom either committed the acts or abdicated their responsibility to deal with it in an appropriate manner. Then you go point-by-point and address the report with action plans, timelines and benchmarks so that your supporters can visually see your progress and know that things are truly changing for the better.
By k9saber
🎯 “Finally, all of those who are known violators of over-looking the past dictators actions and those who are still around, who have abused their authority for self-gain, should de immediately removed.”

Logically, why are they still there?

Why would they not be released based upon their willful actions and culpability?
ATrain liked this
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Looks like Keith Anderson gets a shout out - from what I remember from Gangster Capitalism, this was him correct?

"Investigators also found a longtime staffer had been accused repeatedly of harassing Liberty employees, but the campus was never warned about him. In one instance, he allegedly arrived at an employee's home and gave her “medicine” that caused her to fall asleep. When she awoke, that employee was kissing her. Investigators wrote that the employee was eventually demoted for his actions. A year later, though, the employee got a promotion."
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: October 4th, 2023, 12:02 pm It will not undo anything that has been done and will only give our minions of enemies more ammo to send our way.
I guess what I am saying, is that significant punishment and immediate discharge from LU employment, could be taken care of "in the locker room"
At what point do you stop worrying about politics and start focusing on the actual harm that has been done on a scale never before seen by any secular school? I don't see how anyone can read these details and not have a real "are we the baddies?" moment.
By LUAlum1215
k9saber wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 9:48 pm Marcus Tinsley
Ron Sloan
Richard Hinkley

These matters all occurred during their tenure.

Still employed.
Still in “leadership” positions of LUPD & Campus Safety.

Exhibit A: Vicarious liability
Hit the nail on the head. How in the world those three have made it this long unscathed absolutely baffles me. There have been others who were recently terminated who I believe were “fall guys”, but those actually commanding the ship during all of this crap are still there, and in some cases actually being promoted.
By k9saber
Every decision of malfeasance that was made at LUPD was vetted and approved by these individuals. The fact that they are still employed and still in the decision making processes speaks loud volumes to the DOE regarding true intent & lack of compliance on the University’s part.
ATrain, LUAlum1215 liked this
By Whatisthetruth
Corry needs to go!

Falwell added that he recently learned that Liberty’s general counsel and other administrators, “saw it as their job to keep me from being aware of any reported crimes or accusations of assault.” They reasoned, he said, that he might try to intervene on the behalf of a top student athlete or someone from a prominent family.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 964425007/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am reminded of Rule #1 pertaining to information security:
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see". There are too many pundits in the Drive-by media, who are always trying to dig up dirt on Liberty.
By k9saber
Your “skepticism” won’t hold any water, Ballcoach.

2+2=4 No matter how much one denies it.

That mindset is one of the contributing factors as to why the University has made it this far in its unethical behavior - people choosing to ignore corruption.

LU possesses some of the finest people in the world - it’s time they were given the opportunity to work in a healthy & safe environment; not a pseudo utopia.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 5th, 2023, 2:50 pm Corry needs to go!

Falwell added that he recently learned that Liberty’s general counsel and other administrators, “saw it as their job to keep me from being aware of any reported crimes or accusations of assault.” They reasoned, he said, that he might try to intervene on the behalf of a top student athlete or someone from a prominent family.

Was Becki available for comment…..
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 5th, 2023, 3:53 pm I am reminded of Rule #1 pertaining to information security:
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see". There are too many pundits in the Drive-by media, who are always trying to dig up dirt on Liberty.
I don't buy anything Jerry says nor do I trust a single person on the board.

The media will have their agenda too but the report is pretty damning, even if it's only half true.

But your track record on this entire saga has been checkered.
ATrain liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
All the information posted so far, reads as a strange parody of itself. Trying to make sense of this odd story of a man making a house call to administer meds? Weird. Is it kissing or is it rape?

Maybe truth. Maybe partial truth. These accounts could also be illusionary due to the bizarre disordered narration. Who knows? Best bet is to not pass judgment before it's time.
Last edited by paradox on October 6th, 2023, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:25 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 5th, 2023, 2:50 pm Corry needs to go!

Was Becki available for comment…..
Not without her husband being able to watch
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 16th, 2023, 9:13 am Liberty University president cries foul after leak of Dept of Education report on school's safety compliance

$37.5M fine proposed!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberty-u ... compliance
$37.5 million is A LOT of money, and unprecedented when it comes to fining schools for these types of violations. However, compared to LU's endowment, this is basically a slap on the wrist.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]