This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was on campus this evening and saw DOZENS of teenagers in suits and ties and long, formal dresses and high heels. Finally, I asked one of them what the event was tonight, and she said, "This is LCA's Prom Night!"

What exactly takes place an an LCA Prom held on LU's campus? :dontgetit
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
IMO LU is comparable to Biola in their values and mission. I know Biola has struggled with this issue in the last several years. Like LU, they have had "dance teams" but not allowed "dancing" on or off-campus that was to be considered as school-sponsored". The current policy is:
Choreographed and/or performance dancing is allowed both on and off campus. Each member of the Biola community is expected to exercise individual judgment, and with recognition that some dancing is inappropriate.
This seems a little more balanced.
LU 57, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 29th, 2023, 9:16 pm I was on campus this evening and saw DOZENS of teenagers in suits and ties and long, formal dresses and high heels. Finally, I asked one of them what the event was tonight, and she said, "This is LCA's Prom Night!"

What exactly takes place an an LCA Prom held on LU's campus? :dontgetit
When I was at LCA, it was the "junior/senior banquet," and NOT held at LU but in the gym, back when LCA and TRBC were actually located on Thomas Rd.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]