This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
mods rarely delete things, sometimes things are moved if it fits in somewhere else better. I rarely have time to even post these days. Let alone, delete anything.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
The ASOR mods are so "woke", they haven't even endorsed Trump for President in 2024 yet! :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Let the record show that I am very pleased that we finally have this man in place and Prevo is allegedly out the door. I suspect JP is not going to relinquish power or income quickly. But at least we have legitimacy in the office at last.
flamehunter, rtb72, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 8:51 am Let the record show that I am very pleased that we finally have this man in place and Prevo is allegedly out the door. I suspect JP is not going to relinquish power or income quickly. But at least we have legitimacy in the office at last.
Do you think it's likely that DC will just be another face or will be the person that'll make some shifts that will put LU on another level?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 8:51 am Let the record show that I am very pleased that we finally have this man in place and Prevo is allegedly out the door. I suspect JP is not going to relinquish power or income quickly. But at least we have legitimacy in the office at last.
Of course, it’s not personal right? :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Of course it is personal when you see someone responsible for a mess at such grand scale shamelessly taking advantage of the chaos he enabled.

I suspect DC will take awhile to feel his way into the situation before we start to see real change occur. You have a system that has been created specifically to operate in one fashion for decades. It will be no easy task to implement real change.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 3:52 pm Of course it is personal when you see someone responsible for a mess at such grand scale shamelessly taking advantage of the chaos he enabled.

I suspect DC will take awhile to feel his way into the situation before we start to see real change occur. You have a system that has been created specifically to operate in one fashion for decades. It will be no easy task to implement real change.
Unfortunately, we will need some changes in personnel on the Board of Trustees before any real change can happen.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 3:52 pm Of course it is personal when you see someone responsible for a mess at such grand scale shamelessly taking advantage of the chaos he enabled.

DC may take advantage of his honeymoon period to make some changes. Prevo needs to leave 2 years ago. I will give him some credit, for not cutting the sports budget or getting in the way of progress, in that area.
Just John liked this
By cruzan_flame13
ATrain wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 5:54 pm

Unfortunately, we will need some changes in personnel on the Board of Trustees before any real change can happen.
Would we have any good replacements though? I know there were some suggestions, but do have any replacements that can take us to the next level and not so involved in the political circus..I mean drama?
Just John liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The board is a separate issue from the administrative issues. We likely have to wait on the board to die off at this point. Based on the current makeup of the board, that may not be a long wait.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 6:34 pm
ATrain wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 5:54 pm

Would we have any good replacements though? I know there were some suggestions, but do have any replacements that can take us to the next level and not so involved in the political circus..I mean drama?
Maybe reach out to local business leaders to be on the board:
Robert Chapman - CEO of Bank of the James
Lydia Langley - Retired owner of Langley Rentals
Someone from BWXT
Someone from Centra
Poach someone from University of Lynchburg
cruzan_flame13 liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 6:44 pm The board is a separate issue from the administrative issues. We likely have to wait on the board to die off at this point. Based on the current makeup of the board, that may not be a long wait.
So this is the bad side of Sly Fox :lol:
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: Maybe reach out to local business leaders to be on the board:
Robert Chapman - CEO of Bank of the James
Lydia Langley - Retired owner of Langley Rentals
Someone from BWXT
Someone from Centra
Poach someone from University of Lynchburg
I worked at LU for 7 yrs before moving to BWXT and have been here for 8 yrs now. The former CFO at BWXT (David Black) was an LU product and he now is the CFO of ProTerra. I've heard his name mentioned a few times, but I don't think he's been super interested.
ATrain liked this
By AATL
ballcoach15 wrote: July 6th, 2023, 10:01 am I saw somewhere that Costin gave LU employees off Monday, July 3. But many were "off for the summer" anyway.
Most faculty are technically off contract in July. The summer is a very busy time for many staff positions, though, especially if they're in any way maintenance-related.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 6th, 2023, 10:01 am I saw somewhere that Costin gave LU employees off Monday, July 3. But many were "off for the summer" anyway.
I’m sure the Staff appreciated it
Cider Jim, AATL liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]